Ovarian Cancer worries

This is the place to talk about it, whether you're peri or post! If you don't see a topic that suits you, just start a new one!

Ovarian Cancer worries

Postby susanj » Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:13 am

Hello ladies,

I need friends and reassurance today! I haven't had a period since April 2007. For the past few weeks I have been cramping down low just like I used to do before & during my periods, also feeling kind of full & tender down there. I went to my gyno yesterday and he examined me, said everything felt normal, but scheduled me for a pelvic ultrasound and a CA125 blood test. He asked me if there was a history of any female cancers in my family, I told him no, but my mother had breast cancer 5 years ago. He said that the symptoms I was having are symptoms associated with ovarian cancer. Of course I am terrified & so worried, even though he said that he expects everything to be normal. My ultrasound is scheduled for Friday and I go back to see him Tuesday for the results of that and my blood tests. Please say a prayer for me!
susanj
On Fire!

Re: Ovarian Cancer worries

Postby minniepauz » Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:09 pm

Susan....you will be in my thoughts and prayers for the best possible results on your tests, but please TRY not to worry before you have something to worry about....it won't help and may just make your body weaker for fighting off illnesses. Focus more on what your doctor said about expecting everything to be normal. Thinking positively does help bring positive results.

I kind of know how you feel because I just went through a skin cancer ordeal. They had to cut it off and then schedule surgery to go after the cancer cells and then wait for the pathology report to tell us if they got it all. They said they got it so I have to stay focused on that, but it's been difficult since I've never had anything like this before. Also, I have psoriasis and will be starting a treatment that one of the side effects is this same type of skin cancer!! Holy crap....now I'm wondering what my chances are of getting this again if I take the medication (have to give myself shots).

There's just no guarantees. All we can do is deal with what IS, not what MIGHT be. I'll be thinking of you!! :)
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby mi4angels » Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:48 pm

Susan, definitely keeping you in my prayers, but why would he even put that into your head before the test! Sheesh... :banghead: The good news is you're expecting the worst, and it likely won't be, so it's all good! Hugs!
Suzanne

Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders & says... "Oh shit...she's awake!!"
mi4angels
Combustible

Postby susanj » Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:14 pm

Thanks to both of you dear friends for your comfort & reassurance. I am trying not to worry, but I have always been a big worrier. I was going over the 35 symptoms of menopause again and it's funny how some of those symptoms are the same as the ones for ovarian cancer. Please keep praying for me!
susanj
On Fire!

Quick Reply

Return to Menopause