What kind of things do you forget ????

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

What kind of things do you forget ????

Postby SuperNanaMom46 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:09 am

I just wanted to see if anyone else has ever "Turned the washing machine on, let if fill with water and run its cycle, and then go to put the load into the dryer, only to find an empty washing machine"?? Do it all the time! Has anyone ever put their purse in the fridg.??? Or forgot to pick a kid up after school activities? Done that more than once :banghead: . Ever cooked a pizza to the point that you could literally recycle it and use it for charcoal and grill out with it? Done it! Oh, and my favorite .... I'll be driving, and aware of my surroundings, and then the next thing I know ... I am 10 miles down the road and I don't remember getting there. Its like instant "Time Travel" or something. That gets a little scarey. Sometimes my mind has more fog in it than the streets of London. So, who else has this little problem ??? It never stops either, its always something :). Have a great day guys!
SuperNanaMom46

Re: What kind of things do you forget ????

Postby mi4angels » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:57 pm

Oh boy. I resemble a lot of those. What does that mean? :lol: I had to laugh at putting things in the refrigerator. I don't know what it is, but it seems like a great place to store a lot of things, like, mail. :lol:
Suzanne

Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders & says... "Oh shit...she's awake!!"
mi4angels
Combustible

Postby SuperNanaMom46 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:50 am

Hi Suzanne, and a chilly "Ohio" good morning to ya :) . I don't think that even I have put my mail in the fridg. before :lol: . I can't remember :? . But, I can say that I put mail in unusual placees where I think its safe and then I can't find it until I run by it on accident ... if that make sense. My husband use to get so mad at me ... until he finally realized that it wasn't my fault that I am half crazy with his conclusion that I am "Pausin". :P . Well, I am off to work and then I am going to go pick my grandson for the weekend. TGIF and have a great weekend!!! :D. Carissa
SuperNanaMom46

Postby mi4angels » Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:05 am

OH! I have totally put things in "safe places" before, only to find them YEARS later. Christmas gifts come to mind. I'd hide them so the kids wouldn't find them. Yea. Brilliant idea. NOT! :lol: But that was in my much younger days, so I don't think that can be blamed on menopause. :roll:

Enjoy your weekend with your grandson! :)
Suzanne

Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders & says... "Oh shit...she's awake!!"
mi4angels
Combustible

Postby minniepauz » Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:47 pm

Every morning I heat up a cup of water in the microwave (for instant coffee, etc), but many times I put the cup in the fridge and then go back to the microwave and wonder where my hot cup of water is. :)

One of my early cartoons was inspired by so many women writing to me about this topic:
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby psexypsychic » Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:01 am

I almost instantly forget it when my kids tell me something new- something apart from our normal routine. Last week, my tenth-grader told me she was staying after school for one of her clubs. She normally stays after on Tuesdays, but they were preparing for a fund-raiser thing and she stayed after almost every day.

And every day... I showed up at the normal time to pick her up.

My desk and computer monitor are a weird collage of post-it notes. :bouncy:

*~my MySpace~*

diagnosed perimeno at 36 years old
psexypsychic
One HOT Woman!

Postby SuperNanaMom46 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:22 am

Wow :!: .. I am happy to see that I'm not alone with this :) . If I could have a 10 dollar bill for everything I botch up in the memory department every day, I could probably quit my job! I love that cartoon Dee :) .. That is what mine will look like soon at this rate. Here's another good one since I am bearing all .... Has anyone ever got into the shower and forgot to take your underwear off :oops: ?? Or .... uhummmm ..... Get out of the shower and forget to wash your hair and have to climb back in ..??? Yeah ... Its bad :lol: ! I use to really think I was loosing my mind ... But, now I laugh at myself and let everyone else think I am loosing my mind! Haha! Little do they know whats coming their way ... Everyone have a Great Day :)

Live Every Day As Though It Were Your Last :!:
SuperNanaMom46

Postby minniepauz » Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:26 pm

I like the one about leaving your underwear on in the shower!! LOL Don't be surprised if that ends up on my cartoon page! In the meantime, here's one of my shower toons:
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby mi4angels » Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:57 pm

:lol: This whole thread is cracking me up! I wish I had a dime for every time I warmed up my coffee in the microwave and then found it there the next morning when I'm warming up my next days cup! :lol:
Suzanne

mi4angels
Combustible

Postby gracious granny » Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:58 pm

Thanks for the chuckle girls :lol: Yeah, I am really bad for putting things in a safe place...so safe even I can't find them. And I have gotten in the bath WITH my bra on :wink: . But you want to hear the real kicker!!! I did these things years before even perimenopause hit.
My head has always been so feel of lifes everyday "clutter" that its a wonder I've ever been able to keep up with anything. Menopause just finally gave me a legitimate excuse, LOL.
" Lifes a dance you learn as you go"..............
gracious granny
Combustible

Postby Brighid Moon » Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:55 am

OMG! The shower thing is so appropriate for today! I stood outside my shower for fifteen minutes forgetting why I was in the bathroom and trying to figure it out. >.<
Brighid Moon
One HOT Woman!

Postby minniepauz » Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:21 am

Are you guys saying that the cartoons really DO help in accepting menopause and the nutty things that go along with it?????? Then tell your friends, call your newspapers, alert the media!!! We finally have a treatment that has no side effects (except wetting your pants from laughing so hard)...... HUMOR REPLACEMENT THERAPY!!!

SPREAD THE WORD!!
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby onehotmamma » Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:06 pm

I find I am forgetting names. Thankfully, I can still remember mine (for now).
Sylvia

Midlife: I am losing my body but gaining my soul. Of course, I am losing my mind, too, but that's beside the point.
onehotmamma
On Fire!

Postby minniepauz » Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:21 pm

On forgetting our own names:

minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby psexypsychic » Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:35 am

My oldest says something to remind her of something- so she'll remember it later.

She "puts it in the toilet in her brain..." Such as- "Don't forget your keys. Put your keys in the toilet in your brain."

That way, later on, you can "pull it out of the toilet".

I have a problem though...

I keep flushing the toilet before I can remember what I put in there!

:bouncy:

*~my MySpace~*

diagnosed perimeno at 36 years old
psexypsychic
One HOT Woman!

Quick Reply

Next

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause