Spotting after menopause

This is the place to talk about it, whether you're peri or post! If you don't see a topic that suits you, just start a new one!

Spotting after menopause

Postby susanj » Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:09 pm

Hello friends!

Here is the old worry wart again! My stomach feels kind of crampy and when I go to the bathroom, sometimes when I wipe I get "pinkish" on the toilet paper. I haven't had a period since April 2007 and even though I haven't seen any blood, I'm starting to worry. What would happen if I did? And what is the pinkish stuff? Anyone ever had this? Thanks!
susanj
On Fire!

Re: Spotting after menopause

Postby minniepauz » Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:02 pm

Susan, it seems that Dr. Judy mentioned this a couple of times that your ovaries might have kicked out one last egg or something and your uterus was giving a half-assed (excuse my language) effort to do what it has done for so long....something like that, anyway. On the other hand, this could be something I've dreamed up over 12 years of trying to be helpful. LOL!! Better ask Dr. Judy. :) If you DO see blood after such a long time with no periods, it's probably better to have a check up and make sure there's no fibroids, etc. because once you're done with menopause, you're not supposed to have blood. Keep us updated ok?
minniepauz
Site Admin

Re: Spotting after menopause

Postby susanj » Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:31 pm

Thanks Dee! I think I will ask Dr. Judy too.
susanj
On Fire!

Quick Reply

Return to Menopause