One Year Tomorrow!!!!!

This is the place to talk about it, whether you're peri or post! If you don't see a topic that suits you, just start a new one!

One Year Tomorrow!!!!!

Postby gracious granny » Wed May 14, 2008 8:03 pm

Hello everyone!!!
Its been a while since I have posted. My PC was the victim of a very nasty spyware attack :yuck: Finally got rid of it.
Tomorrow (May 15th) will make 1 year since I had my last period :bouncy: .I have been taking the Estroven for 2 months and it has really worked for me. I am only taking the regular strength but am prepared to go to extra strength if needed. I think I'm doing pretty well,in that regard. My Fibromyalgia has flared which it typically does in Spring and Fall.
Had a lot of stress lately, mostly work related. Sleeping well for the most part.
Have 12 more days until the end of the school year and I am looking forward to a chance to relax, spend some time with the grandkids, catch up on my reading, work on losing the 15 lbs. I have gained the past 3 years :( . I always dreaded Menopause but now that I am standing on the threshold of being post-meno. at 48 I'm glad to have all that behind me.

My prayer tonight will be "Please don't let a period start tomorrow :biggrin: "
" Lifes a dance you learn as you go"..............
gracious granny
Combustible

Re: One Year Tomorrow!!!!!

Postby gorgeousfluffpot » Thu May 15, 2008 3:43 am

well congratulations !!! I'm not too sure how you publicly celebrate these events, though ... perhaps a ceremonial bonfire on which you load all the Kotex and Tampax that remain in the cupboard, plus all your 'period knickers' (you know, the big ones you wear while you are on the 'blob) ... !!
Maybe Dee ought to design some kind of card that we can send as there's nothing in the Hallmark collection that says "Happy Menopause"
:D :D :D
Take cover! Hormones on the rampage again ...
gorgeousfluffpot
One HOT Woman!

Postby minniepauz » Thu May 15, 2008 7:31 am

Well, we could use these cards for that kind of thing!
http://pub31.bravenet.com/postcard/post ... 2610574458

Way to go Granny!! I don't want to pop your balloon.....but please be aware that a couple of women have gone longer than 12 mo. and then had some spotting or a period. It's not totally common, but "could" happen. Something to do with progesterone or something...you'll have to find it in Dr. Judy's section.

The other thing is that no more periods doesn't mean you won't still have symptoms....it may just be different symptoms. Your estrogen levels are still dropping and you could have hot flashes on and off. I found that my body seemed to stay warmer even 10 years after my periods stopped.

More than likely, you CAN throw those tampons, etc out the window!! I just wanted you to be aware of the possibility of further aggrevations so you wouldn't be totally crushed if something popped up!! NOW.....let's go celebrate with chocolate!!
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby gracious granny » Thu May 15, 2008 9:13 pm

Hey Gorgeous!!! Too Funny! Yeah there should be someway of "marking" occassions like these.

Dee, I know I'm still not out of the woods yet. I have a friend who went for 3-4 years having a period once a year, so I am prepared for any and ALL possibilities :biggrin: And I realize my
symptoms could get worse as the estrogen level falls lower, just have to take it as it comes I guess. Oh, and my pads have all been used by my grandaughter who has just jumped on the monthly roller coaster:(

What has really surprised me is how I feel about all of this. When I was 30 and would even think about menopause I would want to cry, I guess I saw it as the end of youth and the descent into old age. But now that I am here I am so happy to be here. I feel older, yes, but wiser. My life is good, great family, a job I love, I like most of the people I work with. I just feel like I am in a good place right now. Physical aches and pains are not so good at times, but thats life. Just have to take it one day at a time. Thanks for your replies. G.G.

P.S. Dee instead of chocolate, my husband took me out to dinner tonight and I have bought myself a Gi-normous danish and made a pot of coffee. I'm going to enjoy every morsel!
" Lifes a dance you learn as you go"..............
gracious granny
Combustible

Postby nethnee » Fri May 16, 2008 11:42 am

congrats I thought I was getting to that point but got my period on monday after nine months. but it looks like its plain sailing for you :bouncy: I am very happy for you:cloud9:
nethnee

Postby Linda Lin » Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:17 am

Like graciousgranny, I could barely wait for a year to go by since my last period, but alas, it has been a year yaaaaaa! Thank you, Minnie, for reminding us that we still could have some issues to deal with. Even if my elatedness is mainly mental and I sometimes have hormonal issues, I feel so much better knowing that I have worked through this stage of my life and didn't kill anyone :D :lol: Now, just to not cry at myself when I reach 50 years old this July..... :dontknow:
Linda Lin
Warm Pauzer

Postby minniepauz » Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:47 am

Congratulations, Linda!! And I hope you never have another one....period, that is!! :) Just keep reminding yourself that sometimes, rare...but it happens, that you have a rogue period and have to start counting all over. And be careful about birth control for awhile yet (unless you've had a tubaligation).

Otherwise, celebrate that you've gotten this far and even if there are still challenges ahead, many times it will be normal *sorry* "aging" issues. But Hey! I'll still ALWAYS be 11 years older than you so YOU'RE just a kid!! :) Each decade is ok when you just accept reality. :)

We help each other around here so just keep sharing and you'll be fine!! Are you going to do it up big for your 50th? Have fun!!
minniepauz
Site Admin

Quick Reply

Return to Menopause