What kind of things do you forget ????

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

Re: What kind of things do you forget ????

Postby Brighid Moon » Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:41 pm

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA! ROFLMAO!
Brighid Moon
One HOT Woman!

Postby parts2you » Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:32 pm

i came here tonight because since yesterday morning i am in one of my really bad space-y phases. i have come home and forgot to take the poor dog out of her crate that is in the spare room...then put her outside to go potty and left her out there for wayyyyyyy longer than it takes....walked in numerous rooms forgetting why i am there.....tripped coming UP the stairs....driven right by i dont know how many places on my deliveries for work....and more that i just,well...uh,forget.
i was about to start my hypochondria thing again..but then i read this thread,and i feel all better now. well,not really but at least i know im not the only one and got some good laughs. and once again...how long does this last????? i mean i aint had a period in like two years or more,i forget that too....and im still getting flashes. worse flashes.
parts2you
One HOT Woman!

Postby little_tx_brat » Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:14 pm

minniepauz wrote:Are you guys saying that the cartoons really DO help in accepting menopause and the nutty things that go along with it?????? Then tell your friends, call your newspapers, alert the media!!! We finally have a treatment that has no side effects (except wetting your pants from laughing so hard)...... HUMOR REPLACEMENT THERAPY!!!

SPREAD THE WORD!!

Um...sorry, I don't need to laugh to wet my pants. Sneeze, cough, talk, you name it. Gets embarrassing. Hubby just laughs though.
Terri

Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets, so love the people who treat you right, forget about the ones who don't, and believe that everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, let it. Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.
little_tx_brat
On Fire!

Postby RockyMountainHorse » Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:29 pm

Forget? I forgot how to get to this board!

ROFLMAO! This is the BEST thread yet! I SO thought I was losing what was left of my mind, my very BFF and then reading all of these reponses, I feel like I AM normal! WOO HOO! :bouncy:

I feel SO not worthy! :bow:

As for forgetting ... I use to use a lot of post-it notes but when I had to start using post-it notes to tell me where my notes are ... I gave up :roll:

I also gave up cow's milk 1: b/c I love soy milk way more and 2: b/c I kept putting the cow's milk in the cupboard and th cereal in the fridge! :dontknow:

*HUGS*,
Bridgette
Friends are the family we choose.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- "WOW--What a Ride!" Unknown
RockyMountainHorse

Postby angelize » Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:40 am

Oh this has made me feel better! :lol: I stood staring into the fridge for 10 mins this morning trying to remember what it was that I wanted to get out of it! I'm so glad to know that I'm not really losing my mind!
angelize

Postby minniepauz » Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:21 am

psexypsychic wrote:My oldest says something to remind her of something- so she'll remember it later.

She "puts it in the toilet in her brain..." Such as- "Don't forget your keys. Put your keys in the toilet in your brain."

That way, later on, you can "pull it out of the toilet".

I have a problem though...

I keep flushing the toilet before I can remember what I put in there!

:bouncy:

LOL! :lol:
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby Tracie » Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:57 am

It was comforting to read this thread! :D

I keep getting what I call my 'fluffy head'....just a total blank or flapping mid conversation because I can't think of everyday words! :roll: Last week I went to the supermarket and entered the wrong pin number ( I use this number about a dozen times a week) I looked at my partner blankly and he had to tell me what it was. I admit that at the time, it upset me and I worried about it happening again when I am on my own.

I feel as if I am losing confidence and going out is becoming hard work as I feel really uneasy, especially when I am driving..as if I am not in control and it worries me. I used to feel like this just before a period and I would accept that I would feel normal again once I started to bleed but now it's there all of the time. I can't just shut myself away and hide as I have a 17 month old baby boy who needs to go out and about. :(

The fluffy head business makes me feel stupid :oops: If I feel stupid then I must come across to people as stupid? Things like finding the sugar bowl in the cleaning cupboard, I can laugh about but this other stuff is getting to me. My mum is a good help..I talk to her about it and a lot of things that she did when she was the same age as me now makes perfect sense and I feel bad that me and my brother would sit there mouthing the word 'Psycho' to each other as yet another dinner plate hit the floor! :mrgreen:

Humour is a great way to try and get through it and this site is great. In the UK we have a comedian called Victoria Wood who is hysterically funny on all things...menopause being one of them. I used to watch it with my mum and looked at her while she rolled on the floor as Victoria joked about the menopause but now I laugh because I get it!! :mrgreen:
Mum to 3 gorgeous boys aged 22 years 18 years and 17 months..diagnosed peri-meno at 39..somebody waft me...I'm having a flush!
Tracie

Quick Reply

Previous

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause