how much longer

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

how much longer

Postby Tabitca » Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:41 am

I am 54 in July and have been suffering with peri-menopause symptoms for nearly 10 years. For 3 glorious months last year I had no periods. I was a changed woman. Now they are back since January and then last month I bled for 10 days and then stopped and then a few days later it started again,now on day7. When is this going to end? I feel absolutely dreadful. Aches and pains, headaches ,dizzy, can't think straight,so tired I can hardly write this, and then there is the mess, :yuck: the clots are back. Is there anyone out there a similar age who can give me some hope and tell me this will stop soon. :banghead:
I almost killed the poor cat this morning because I was feeling so ill I didn't see him and he almost ended up in the vacuum. :? .I am at the end of a very short tether now and can't take much more of this. Help, throw me a life belt someone , I need some reassurance. I am supposed to be doing research but feel so ill I can't even put a paragraph together sensibly.If this continues I will have to give up my job as I can't meet deadlines like this.
Tabitca

Re: how much longer

Postby gorgeousfluffpot » Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:56 pm

OK here's your reassurance. It does stop and it will. It's one year ago TODAY (happy anniversary to me) that I had my last period ... 1st April 2008, April Fools Day. Nothing for a year in the way of leakage, clots and the rest. OK, emotions can be a bit yo-yo and anxiety is the worst, oh and I get really hot in the night, but I have today ceremoniously thrown out the tampons and sanitary towels. Goodbye to carrying a bag full of Kotex around with me.
Read some of my earlier posts over the last few years. My periods were dreadful, intermittent, stopped, started, light, heavy, constant drip-drip-drip, then nothing for months. Then, when I got the confidence to go out in a white trouser suit (BIG mistake!!) I got the period from hell. In a crowded restaurant. Far away from the loos. Thank goodness that Mr. Gorgeous had a woolly jumper that I could wrap around my waist to scuttle to the ladies with several linen napkins (sorry restaurant, nicked your napkins but you really don't want them back!). Oh it was awful. Embarrassing and my life was on hold for several years - no swimming, couldn't risk it.
MinniePauz kept me sane, it really did. There's no symptom you're having that someone on here hasn't had before and found a way to deal with, either practically or with buckets or humour. You're probably anaemic, too, from all that bleeding so take a vitamin supplement. Cultivate the company of good close friends who you can laugh with....
Remember, your body is going through the same emotional upheaval that it went through as a teenager. Remember growing pains? Well you're sort of having them again now. I'm not sure where the itchy skin that I get comes in, or the vague fuzzy brain moments when I'm in a supermarket pointing to a lettuce and saying to the assistant "can you pass me one of those sausages, please?". Well at least I can think of the word, sometimes I just mumble "can you pass me one of those green leafy thingumy-jigs" because LETTUCE has entirely disappeared from my brain.
I think that having a routine in your life, as you do with your job, helps. It keeps you focused on times, places, events and deadlines that you have to meet and you can, if pushed, rise to the challenge. It's not easy, but you can do it. I really do think a vitamin supplement or some Vit B injections will help, you have all the classic symptoms of anaemia and it's not surprising if you're bleeding all the time.
Stick in there Tabitca, it does end. I'm proof that you can get through the other side. Heck, I'm wearing pale pink trousers as we speak which does a lot for my confidence in not fearing that I'm going to suddenly bleed .... but it makes my arse look enormous. Heck, you can't have it all!!!
Good luck, check into this site often.
Take cover! Hormones on the rampage again ...
gorgeousfluffpot
One HOT Woman!

Postby danmia » Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:38 am

I know exactly how you feel, I thought it was almost over, I only had a couple of niggly symptoms but nothing that some sunshine and a walk wouldnt cure. But today its all back again, it's been creeping up on me this past week, the emotions have turned to depression, hot flashes not so bad at all, the stomach problems all back with a vengeance and the panic attacks good lord I havent had them this bad since I was a teenager!!!I am at my wits end with this rubbish, I feel absoluely rotten again, my legs my bum my arms my back all ache and it hurts to get out of bed, to get out of the chair, just sucks.......nausea, gas galore, IBS.......all this had gone for a while and now it's all here, and I just wanna cry all the time, the emotional side has gotten much worse this is the first time I've suffered with that through the whole thing........but I had a good run, I think it was like three months with hardly any symptoms at all!!! Now i feel like I have the flu and been run over by a bus in the night.......just plain fed up......I started this seriously after stopping the pill in 2007, I had had symptoms before but nothing that good old HRT didnt stop......but now oh my God......so although I can't help you with how long I can say the support here will help you immensely and there will be good days and often two in a row :) oh yeah and sense of humor......imperative even though mine does run away from me at times, I've just had a rough night so not much of the humor in me right now..........just remember when in doubt post.....:)
danmia
One HOT Woman!

Postby Tabitca » Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:54 am

Thanks for the replies. :bighug: :) After 10 years of ruined clothes and having to plan my work and leisure around periods, those 3 months without were bliss, no mess, no pain. When it all started again I was just in despair.All I can do is sit it out and hope it ends soon.After all surely it can't last forever.it has to stop something...doesn't it? I don't think anything could have prepared me for how bad I would feel or how ill this would make me,I just imagined, like most people I expect, that they would just stop.Instead I get niagara falls and the headache and back pains from hell .I couldn't understand why I was so depressed and nothing seemed to move it.One day I shall come back and post here and say it is all over :party: I shall have a menopause party and have tee shirts and balloons printed :lol:
Take care everyone and be kind to yourselves.
Tabitca

Postby minniepauz » Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:19 pm

I like the idea of a menopause party :) I've had a wedding shower and a baby shower, so now I'll have a menopause shower:
minniepauz
Site Admin

Quick Reply

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause