Sore boobs! Help!

This is the place to talk about it, whether you're peri or post! If you don't see a topic that suits you, just start a new one!

Sore boobs! Help!

Postby mayfly2 » Sun Apr 05, 2009 3:18 pm

I'm a mess. I'm 48 and am in menopause -- hot flashes, FSH level sky high, etc... -- so my doc put me on the Vivelle dot. I'm also using a prescription progesterone cream and DHEA cream which I've been doing for years to stave off Osteoporosis (which I had and have now reversed it).

So, when I started using the estrogen patch I became bloated and put on 10 pounds and my boobs started hurting way bad. After a few weeks of misery I tore the patch off and felt better . . . for about 2 weeks. Then the hotflashes, nightsweats, and brain fog came back. So I put the patch back on (lowest dose possible), and now I'm getting bloated again and my boobs are so tender that I'm totally miserable!

What do I do?? I can't seem to live without estrogen, yet I can't live with it either. Any suggestions out there would be greatly appreciated.
mayfly2

Re: Sore boobs! Help!

Postby TexEx » Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:17 pm

Yes, I have suggestion for the sore boobs but promise you won't laugh? Massage them - it moves the built up fluid around or something and truly eases the soreness. I've mentioned it to several woman - some pregnant - and they all have said it works.

As far as the night sweats go, I posted about EZ Herbs - read that see if you think it would help. It has eliminated my night sweats and I haven't had a hot flash. I don't know if the herb is stopping them or if I just haven't had one yet.
TexEx
Warm Pauzer

Postby mayfly2 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:43 pm

I attempted the massaging thing but it hurt way too bad :( . It hurts to even wear a bra!
mayfly2

Postby TexEx » Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:38 pm

Yes, I have suggestion for the sore boobs but promise you won't laugh? Massage them - it moves the built up fluid around or something and truly eases the soreness. I've mentioned it to several woman - some pregnant - and they all have said it works.

As far as the night sweats go, I posted about EZ Herbs - read that see if you think it would help. It has eliminated my night sweats and I haven't had a hot flash. I don't know if the herb is stopping them or if I just haven't had one yet.
TexEx
Warm Pauzer

Quick Reply

Return to Menopause