Amberen

This is the place to talk about it, whether you're peri or post! If you don't see a topic that suits you, just start a new one!

Amberen

Postby linda48846 » Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:55 pm

I just ordered my 90 day supply of Amberen. This is the latest in my desperate search for relief. It is supposed to be all natural. I will let you know if I see any benefits from this. Please let us know if you have tried it, and what your results were. :banghead:
linda48846
Warm Pauzer

Re: Amberen

Postby linda48846 » Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:59 am

Have been taking Amberen for 11 days. I have a resurgence of my Libido, and no more vaginal dryness. I am waiting for an increase in energy. I believe that I may have to take the higher dose. I took the self evaluation that comes with the Amberen, and it said I should be on the low dose. I am going to continue this dose for the next few days. If I see no improvement in energy then I will begin the higher dose. Praying for relief!
linda48846
Warm Pauzer

Postby linda48846 » Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:22 am

Well, I've been on the higher dose of Amberen for only a week. My Psychiatrist decided to change some medications on me. I have had absolutely no "umph." My house is a mess and I really haven't cared about getting into the shower (been sponge bathing). Dr. lowered some of my anti-depressants and added an ADHD med in hopes of getting that "umph" that I need. I figure with the med changes, I won't be able to tell whether the new Amberen dose is doing anything. Thank goodness this week is Spring Break! I haven't really accomplished a thing around the house, but sure needed the break from my students!!!!! :tmi:
linda48846
Warm Pauzer

Postby minniepauz » Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:01 pm

:lol: Thanks for the updates Linda!! What do you teach, btw?
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby linda48846 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:45 pm

:shock: Oh, that Spring Break was way too short!
I am a Special Education teacher Dee. I have 6 students who range in age from 17 to 23 years old. Their cognitive functioning ranges from infant to toddler. All six have severe behavior challenges. In fact, my left big toe is still healing after being broke on Friday, February 13 (can you believe it!? :roll: ). It happened when a student acted out and flipped his table. It landed right on my toe. :sad2: I should be getting hazard pay!!!
linda48846
Warm Pauzer

Postby udebw » Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:59 pm

I have seen this on another web-site. I don't know whether to try or not because is took supplements from GNC and it didn't do anything. Let me know how this works
udebw

Postby linda48846 » Sat May 16, 2009 11:02 am

I stopped the Amberen. I saw no further improvements. On Wed., May 13th I went to a new Dr. She is a licensed Pathologist and M.D., but doesn't practice typical medicine. She deals with natural therapies and bioidentical hormones. Spent 3 1/2 hours with her. She ordered a ton of tests. Awaiting blood work results. Praying this helps. :tornado:
linda48846
Warm Pauzer

Postby minniepauz » Sat May 16, 2009 4:43 pm

My sister did that too, but then found out not all the tests were worthwhile (and insurance doesn't pay for all), so she ended up going with bioidenticals after seeing a regular MD who has worked with her to find the right balance. Sometimes you just have to try things so you know what's not working. Sometimes it's such a crapshoot! LOL I do hope you've found the right person and will soon find YOUR balance. :) Thanks for the updates!
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby linda48846 » Sun May 31, 2009 10:04 pm

I am fortunate to have very good insurance, I should, I pay enough for it! This Dr. does not bill insurance so I have to pay and then turn it in to insurance. My insurance did cover most of the tests. Funny thing, all of these "other" Dr.s that I've been to said it was low estrogen. Found out that my estrogen was good level, but my cortisol was extremely low, so was thyroid, and DHEA. Amazing that those other Dr.s never tested anything but my estrogen. They also just wanted to keep adding antidepresants. Am glad that I found this Dr. I actually picked up a few things around my house this weekend! :D
linda48846
Warm Pauzer

Postby minniepauz » Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:52 pm

Hey Linda, we've got a new member asking about Amberen so I'm going to send her to this thread, but I'm wondering how you're doing with the new doctor, etc. ?
minniepauz
Site Admin

Quick Reply

Return to Menopause