33 years old..Here we go!!!

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

33 years old..Here we go!!!

Postby jshfetters » Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:07 am

My mom was 38 when she had her final period. Her mom was 34. Now, here I am at the ripe age of 33 going through "the change"! I have been experiencing the night sweats, difficulty sleeping, phantom periods, moodiness, irritability, mild hot flashes during the day, creepy-crawly skin, and others. Never had a sex drive to start with, so nothing's lost there! (Poor hubby!!!) My biggest concern is because I am so young, how will this affect my health long-term. I have 3 young children: a 6 year old son and twin girls who are almost 2. I worry about how I will be when they hit high school: bent over with osteoporosis and covered with wrinkles from the dry skin!!

Has anyone else gone through this at such a young age? What advice and help can you offer for the immediate tense and long-term implications?
Mom of 1 + 2
Going through Premature Menopause @ early 30s!
Following in my mom and grandma's footsteps!
jshfetters

Re: 33 years old..Here we go!!!

Postby minniepauz » Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:02 pm

Welcome, jshfetters !! I kind of did things backwards...my periods stopped at 41 and THEN the hotflashes started, plus all the other symptoms. Still not as young as you though. It's interesting how this can run in families, isn't it? You probably need to discuss what will be best for you with your doctor. With a good plan, I don't think you'll need to be bent over and dried up when the kids are in high school! LOL

Another place where you might get some good advice is at www.earlymenopause.com Many of them have serious physical reasons that put them into menopause, which I hope is not the case with you.

You also should post your question to Dr. Judy here on the forum...she can give you some good advice too!
minniepauz
Site Admin

Quick Reply

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause