Hey When Did I Become a Hot Pauzer???

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

Hey When Did I Become a Hot Pauzer???

Postby michuganna » Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:41 pm

Just noticed I went from Warm Pauzer to Hot Pauzer.....did I miss the ceremony, lol?

Hope everyone is having a good day. I'm in half assed zombie land, but, gotta say, I'm enjoying the break form unrelenting anxiety and panic, ok, maybe it wasn't unrelenting but it was bad enough to potentially throw me over the edge. I'm still on the fence about the Prozac, but, it's worth a try. Also, anyone who is on any kind of AD stay off the internet searching because the horror stories about them are enough to make you want to stop taking anything and lock yourself in your room until you are ready to emerge all menopaused out. I read on one board someone asked for success stories regarding Prozac and no one answered and she said "what no one cares about success stories i.e. did the AD work, no side effects etc.?" Finally, someone posted and said that those types of forums are generally not visited by the people with success stories because they are out there living their lives and that he hopes she does the same and then ended with....."and I'm sure I will be a Prozac success story too just as soon as my flaming scrotum clears up"... lol, I laughed my tush off on that one.

I realized that all the bad stuff you read is a small minority of people doing a lot of complaining. Though, I do not discount that there is value sometimes to that too. Use a little common sense and determine what you think may work for you and your unique situation. :bouncy:
"Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home..."

Sometimes I think my train of thought has derailed....
michuganna
On Fire!

Re: Hey When Did I Become a Hot Pauzer???

Postby minniepauz » Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:09 am

I came to the same conclusion when I was trying to decide whether to take Humira or not, but it was about 50/50 for the horror/success stories. I decided to take it and have had about 60% clearing of my psoriasis so far and no side effects.

This is what women have to do these days....extensive research and then sometimes big decisions. :) Glad you're feeling better. Have you discussed your concerns about Prozac with your doctor and have they explain their reasoning why they put you on this instead of something else? Why don't you see what Dr. Judy thinks? :bouncy:

Oh, the more posts you make, the warmer you get.....not REALLY, just here on the board! LOL
minniepauz
Site Admin

Quick Reply

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause