57 and miserable

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

57 and miserable

Postby crankuptheAC » Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:29 pm

I had a very early hysterectomy. I recently was taken off my HRT because I have breast cancer in the family. * have had 5 biopsies but all were benign. I feel like a different person. I have no libido & it hurts like heck to have sex, i'm irritable, & depressed & enjoy almost nothing.
Is there something natural that doesn't cost a fortune? Help!!
crankuptheAC

Re: 57 and miserable

Postby minniepauz » Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:48 pm

Hi there, crankuptheac!! Welcome to the forum..... sorry to hear you're having a miserable time of it, but that's why we're all here, I guess! :)

The best thing to do is a lot of reading here and using the search function....look for things like natural menopause remedies and you'll see what others are doing. You can also check out the section of the forum for Alternatives....

Several people have tried Estroven (on the grocery shelves....near the pharmacy) and have had good results, but check with your doctor first because it has soy in it and many people with cancer in their background don't want to take soy. Then there's Promensil which is made from red clover.

"There is speculation that the large amounts of isoflavones in red clover may also help to prevent cancer. Red clover has been made into a pill form with the brand name Promensil."

We each have to do our research and find out what best works with our own personal makeup......
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby minniepauz » Sat May 09, 2009 2:56 pm

How are you doing, crankuptheAC? Have your symptoms eased? Are you finding things to help?
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby little_tx_brat » Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:53 pm

Oh, I can relate to this. My sex life is virtually non-existant. And when you are married to a man nearly 10 years younger...that can be a problem. Once a year for sex is the "normal" around here, and then it hurts so bad I cry. Believe me, I have tried the creams, etc. Nothing seems to work. I finally bit the dust and went and talked to my family doctor. His advice? Are you ready for this? "Sex not that important, he do without". (My doctor is from Thailand.) I kid you not, that is what he told me. Lots of help, huh?
Terri

Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets, so love the people who treat you right, forget about the ones who don't, and believe that everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, let it. Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.
little_tx_brat
On Fire!

Postby minniepauz » Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:49 am

Terri, why don't you see what Dr. Judy suggests? Just post the same thing to her except you might want to give her more information (like your age and your hormonal status).
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby little_tx_brat » Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:13 am

Thanks, Dee...I'll do that.
Terri

Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets, so love the people who treat you right, forget about the ones who don't, and believe that everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, let it. Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.
little_tx_brat
On Fire!

Postby gwhisper » Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:10 pm

I had quite a few problems with the onset of menopause. I did not have aclue whatr was happening. I had weight loss, wieght gain, restless leg syndrome ba and the vaginal dryness and discomfort. Whta was the topper that scared me washaving avery heavy period for 10 days. It put me down bad.

I was going to go to a biomedical research place to have them experiment on me becuase I do not have insurance. I looked up what theywere going to be giving me and essentially it was iron.

I started taking the iron pills and within a week I felt pretty normal again. I still have some emo problems around that time of the month but NO WHERE NEAR what I had been experiencing. The RLS stuff went away too. My libido is pretty good to.

lots of luck to you
gwhisper

Postby minniepauz » Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:52 am

wow....could iron be the problem for so many others? I have to look back in my newsletters because I had found something about iron deficiencies.....hmmmmm.

welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing!
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby chelsea6 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:54 am

I'm going to try some iron suppliments and see if it makes a difference. Thanks for posting this info!! :D
chelsea6
On Fire!

Quick Reply

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause