Amberen

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

Amberen

Postby twinspinn » Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:37 pm

Hi all. I wanted to know if anyone has taken Amberen with success. I just started taking it 2 weeks ago and my hot flashes and insomnia have ceased. I still have some brain fog and anxiety, but not like it was ...my mood has generally improved. What has stayed with me is the irritability :banghead: (going from 0-10 in seconds over insignificant things),feeling exhausted and still no libido. :roll:

I took the Amberen Quiz (that comes with the supplement) and I am to be taking the "Low Dose" which is just 2 capsules once a day. I am thinking of increasing my dosage to 2x a day.

Have any of you had any luck with this Amberen?

I just can't seem to get anything done with this damn brain fog and total exhaustion...I am drinking Pepsi and coffee to try to get myself moving and just want to sleep. I am sick of feeling so unproductive.
twinspinn

Re: Amberen

Postby minniepauz » Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:04 pm

twinspinn wrote:Hi all. I wanted to know if anyone has taken Amberen with success. I just started taking it 2 weeks ago and my hot flashes and insomnia have ceased. I still have some brain fog and anxiety, but not like it was ...my mood has generally improved. What has stayed with me is the irritability :banghead: (going from 0-10 in seconds over insignificant things),feeling exhausted and still no libido. :roll:

I took the Amberen Quiz (that comes with the supplement) and I am to be taking the "Low Dose" which is just 2 capsules once a day. I am thinking of increasing my dosage to 2x a day.

Have any of you had any luck with this Amberen?

I just can't seem to get anything done with this damn brain fog and total exhaustion...I am drinking Pepsi and coffee to try to get myself moving and just want to sleep. I am sick of feeling so unproductive.

First of all, welcome to the forum! I know you'll find lots of support and probably some new friends here. :) If you'd like to tell us a little more about yourself, we'd like to hear it!

We had one member who reported on using Amberen awhile back. Here's the thread:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5073&p=22753#p22753
Seems she had good results at first but then, like most things, it was on to something else. I can guarantee you there won't be any single thing thing that will resolve all your symptoms, but like our recipes for spaghetti sauce, they'll all be something different even if it's called the same dish and we're looking for the same result. :) I've also got to say that we never really get back "to what it was". Part of making through all this without losing your mind is to realize and accept that there are new normals on the horizon. Once we start "changing" there's no going back.

Also the sugar and caffeine are probably not helping you at all. Trade them in for protein (eggs, chicken, etc) and you will notice a huge boost in your energy and your irritability level.

We will all be interested to hear about your experiences too as that will certainly help someone else along the way. Just remember, we're here for you and you're not alone with all these feelings!

Thanks and enjoy your stay!
minniepauz
Site Admin

Quick Reply

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause