EZ Herbs - works for me!!!

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

EZ Herbs - works for me!!!

Postby TexEx » Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:50 pm

I am 48 years old and most likely in peri-menopause. I get my periods regularly and other than the itchy skin, I didn't have symptoms until recently. While I have NOT had a hot flash, I started having night sweats.

While in a pharmacy I saw an herbal tincture labeled, "Menopause Made EZ" and I asked the clerk if she knew if it worked. She responded with, "we can't keep it on the shelf" so I bought a bottle, AND it works --- it stopped my night sweats. I had to experiment with the dosage at first and I only need to use it just before & during my period. My sister, who is having the exact same symptoms, ordered it on line and said it seemed to help but she stopped it because she believes it gave her diarrhea.

These are the ingredients: Vitex, Motherwort, Black Cohash, Red Clover, Sage, Ginger Root and Vodka. I researched them individually and they are all mentioned as beneficial for menopause. It is made & sold locally for me, but you can order it on line although it costs more. Here's a link if anyone wants to try it. http://www.ezherbs.net/ Oh and it tastes HORRIBLE!!! I put it in water but it still tastes awful but it's worth it.

I'm very pleased (and surprised) that it works as it is the first thing I've tried!!!
TexEx
Warm Pauzer

Re: EZ Herbs - works for me!!!

Postby minniepauz » Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:01 am

Vodka?????
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby TexEx » Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:23 am

LOL, yes, mam Vodka. I'm told that most tinctures use it as a base and that it's a miniscule amount.
TexEx
Warm Pauzer

Postby minniepauz » Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:06 pm

hmmmm....well, if it works, that's great! LOL I wonder if Susan Weed uses booze in her tinctures?

So where are you from in Texas? I lived in San Antonio for 2 years and loved it. Thanks for contributing to the forum....would love to learn a little more about you.
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby TexEx » Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:01 pm

It works like a charm. I keep track of my cycle and a few days before my period is due, I take the tincture and avoid night sweats altogether. I'm so glad that it works as I hate to waste money - that's why I wanted to share my experience and recommend it so that others can try it and hopefully it will help them too.

I thought I'd NEVER see that day that I'd take anti depressants/anti anxiety drugs either but my emotions got out of control and my doctor prescribed Zoloft. I've been taking that for about 5 months now and it's FANTASTIC. All the stuff that made me short tempered and unable to sleep at night is gone!!! Now, I have to concentrate on the weight gain that is a side effect but.... I feel so much better.

We live in Austin (where the EZ Herbs are made) but we are not from here.
TexEx
Warm Pauzer

Postby minniepauz » Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:11 am

Hey, I took Zoloft for 5 years (for depression) and I was grateful that it worked for me and I had no side effects (maybe I CAN blame weight gain on that!) and it wasn't difficult to get off it when I felt I was ready.

I'm guessing that the woman who created the EZHerbs is a follower of Susan Weed, who I recommend to everyone wanting to go completely natural. http://www.menopause-metamorphosis.com
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby Karen Lewis » Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:04 am

Hi there TexEx,

In my herbalist days I would dispense mixes that were similar to this one.

The Vitex has an effect on the pituitary gland and thus exerts a progesterone balancing effect. I love Motherwort - it is good for both female issues and tonic to the reproductive tract and helps with the heart as well, as its Latin binomial (Leonurus cardiaca)suggests.

The Black Cohosh can be a funny beggar for some people - both myself and some of my herbal colleagues have had to remove it from mixes because it caused the ladies taking them headaches (just goes to show that something doesn't always suit everyone).

The Sage is the big one for using for sweats - it is quite a cooling and drying herb. In the past, I have just added half a teaspoon of dried sage from the herb rack into a cup of boiling water; leave it to cool and drink 3 - 4 times a day for a really simple treatment (tastes pretty awful, mind :wink: . Might be best to add a little honey). It is also excellent to use as a gargle for sore throats.

Unfortunately most herbal remedies taste foul, although Elderberry tincture actually tastes damn good - like an unsweetened version of Ribena. It is an excellent anti-viral and I really must stock up on it (although that is somewhat shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted as I'm currently getting over a dose of "flu-like illness". Pity I ran out.)

Alcohol is the base of all tinctures - usually an industrial alcohol is used. For those of us who have made our own herbal tinctures, vodka is an easily available and adequate substitute. The herb, dried or fresh, is put into a bottle or jar, and the relevant amount of vodka, usually diluted slightly with water, is poured over to cover. Seal and then shake each day for about two weeks before decanting off the liquid through some muslin. Put the alcoholic mash on the compost heap, and seal the tincture in dark bottles. This will usually keep for at least 1 - 2 years.

And I'd definitely second Dee's recommendation about Susun Weed. Her book is a very interesting and informative read.
Bright Blessings,

Karen

http://www.EFT-Reiki.com
http://www.EFT-not-HRT.com "Menopause - Hormonal Balance With EFT" eBook
http://eftreikiandallkindsofeverything.blogspot.com/ Visit my Blog
Karen Lewis
Hot Pauzer

Postby allhaka69 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:23 pm

Still researching my natural options. I visited a well respected local Pharmacy Coop today (I am very lucky to live in a spectacular city) with the idea of looking further into black cohosh. After I talked to a wonderfully informed woman there she too steered me towards motherwort. in fact she pretty much echoed everything Karen said.

I'm gong to try motherwort for the next few weeks and see how that goes! Super excited to at least be on the track to figuring out what is going to work for me!!! My main concerns are my relentless hot flashes and AWFUL irritability (that is WAY too nice of a word for how I've been acting...).
allhaka69

Postby Karen Lewis » Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:00 pm

I have a nice little story about Motherwort. When we first moved to this house I planted the back garden up predominantly with herbs, amongst which was a Motherwort plant. The following summer, as I wandered around the garden, every time I went near the Motherwort, she called out to me to embrace her! :bighug:. If the neighbours were watching it probably reinforced their idea that a lunatic had moved in, as I would indeed give my plant a big hug - and it did feel as if something passed between us. I believe that herbs can work on us in many non-traditional ways...

I'd have to say that my herbs of choice would be Motherwort, and probably Lemon Balm (Melissa officinalis), perhaps also known as just "Balm". That is a lovely herb, which during the summer months makes a very light, lemony tasting tea if using the leaves from the growing tips. It is a wonderful anti-depressant herb (I actually much prefer it to the rather over-touted St John's Wort), good for headaches and the digestive system. It is a CNS (Central Nervous System) relaxant, and has sedative and mildly tranquillising effects. It can be good to include this herb to help with insomnia and general irritability.

allhaka69 - if you are looking for natural options - have you considered trying EFT (Emotional Freedom Techniques)? There is a section here for a bit of further information. If you like, I could always try and come up with a "tapping script" for you to have a go with, and see if it helps any. All that is required is a few minutes of time, and an open mind for what looks like a weird way to do things :D .
Bright Blessings,

Karen

Karen Lewis
Hot Pauzer

Postby allhaka69 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:35 pm

Thank you for the offer Karen! If you wouldn't mind, I would absolutely give it a try.... When my daughter was 3, she started having AWFUL migraines. Her grandma worked in a spa and the owner was learning Reiki from some russian man who was supposed to be this expert in the field and she offered to consult with him about Katie. She took Katie's picture with her to the center where she was learning and the man looked at the picture and indicated that she had some sort of trauma to a particular area of her head and showed this woman what to do. Katie had recently (in the past 3-4 months) hit her head VERY hard in that spot. Karen (ironic????) did her thing to Katie and while they didn't go away completely, they were significantly reduced. I don't fling myself onto things with wild abandon, but I don't disbelieve either - I like to keep an open mind about everything - it kind of makes the world a much nicer place to be.....

I wish I could remember the mans name. I want to say he was a parapsychologist or something. He was on a national TV show around that time - early - mid 90's. ACK - I'm going to go dig and see if I can find it!

:D

Thank you again!
allhaka69

Postby Karen Lewis » Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:22 pm

allhaka69, what you say about a total stranger being able to pick up on 'hot spots' like that is very strange to many, but I know that many people are genuinely intuitive about this sort of thing, even if they have never actually met the individual. You can read some interesting books by Caroline Myss and Moan Lisa Schulz, who are both medical intuitives. When I'm giving Reiki treatments I often find I pick up on areas of what can best be described as an energy imbalance - just feels different in some way - hot, cold, tingly, etc. If I mention it to the client afterwards, I'll often get a response something like 'Oh, yes, I had an injury there a few months/years ago' or 'Oh yes, I forgot to tell you about ....'

I'll be happy to come up with a tapping script for you, but I will need a little input from you, if you care to share, either on the forum, perhaps in response to my posting here (which keeps it together on the EFT thread if anyone else wants to give it a go), or privately through PM or email.

If you can come up with a brief description of how the symptoms affect you, and how they make you feel, in all their awful glory, that makes the script more likely to be of particular use to you. Being as specific as possible is always better than just working globally. Then I can try and get something up for you in the next day or so. :D
Bright Blessings,

Karen

Karen Lewis
Hot Pauzer

Quick Reply

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause