Perimenopausal Itchy Skin

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

Perimenopausal Itchy Skin

Postby dawn7400 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:12 am

I'm not sure I'm in the right place. Can I ask a question here, if so, here goes.
Who has a good remedy for that "perimenopausal itchy skin"! It is driving me nuts. I am very new to Bio Identicals, so my doc has me on Progesterone only. Haven't had hot flashes since (that's a blessing) but now this itchy skin wakes me up. I tried rubbing ice on it last night, sat at my computer for 2 hours playing cards until I was tired enough to try and fall back to sleep. I've heard some symptoms can last 10 years :yuck:
I don't think I'm gonna make it!!!!! Help!
dawn7400

Re: Perimenopausal Itchy Skin

Postby minniepauz » Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:16 am

Hi Dawn....I moved your post to the perimenopause section so more people would see it and hopefully, respond. I know there have been many discussions here about the itching so you may want to use the search feature (at the top of the page) and type in itching. That will give you a list of all the posts that mention it. Have you seen a doctor yet? It could be unrelated to menopause.

Welcome to the forum! I hope you'll fill in your profile so we can learn a little more about you!
minniepauz
Site Admin

Re: Perimenopausal Itchy Skin

Postby psexypsychic » Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:36 am

Not a doctor and I don't play one on TV.

My mother's itchy skin was finally diagnosed as restless leg syndrome. My now-gone VA student doctor told me it "wasn't possible" that I had restless leg syndrome. :roll:

But, it could be worth a mention. :)

*~my MySpace~*

diagnosed perimeno at 36 years old
psexypsychic
One HOT Woman!

Quick Reply

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause