Just Say "Uncle"

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

Re: Just Say "Uncle"

Postby Kris » Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:14 am

I think what Dee posted is one of the most important pieces of information any young woman AND those of us just entering middle age should hear. Taking care of yourself is so important, but most of us put our family and friends before our own needs. We are woman.... it's how we are wired. I have noticed just in this past year how 'stiff' I feel for the first few minutes out of bed...... I know all this 'stuff' is coming and I know I need to really take a step back and care for myself. I should have been doing this all my adult life. I am going to try harder........... and I am going to really stress to my daughter how important it is to take time for yourself, along with taking care of her toddler and husband!! Thanks Dee! That was a very important message to reinforce to people!! :flower:
Kris
One HOT Woman!

Postby minniepauz » Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:17 pm

A lot of what I've written (over the last 14 years) gets lost on the website and it's hard to find just the right thing for each woman, but here's a couple of pages that really are good for any of us to read. :)

http://www.minniepauz.com/findingbalance.html

http://www.minniepauz.com/comments3.html
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby michuganna » Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:05 pm

I have been going through the hermit phase this last year (the year I turned 50). I have had severe anxiety/panic/depression. Finally bit the bullet started taking Lexapro which helped immensely with the anxiety (health and otherwise) obsessive thinking, however, I was quite apathetic. Switched to Pristiq -- on my 3rd week, seems to be helping a bit. I'm no ball of fire yet and I guess I am in the process of accepting that for now. I find if we can listen to our bodies it will tell us what it needs. For type A personalities (which I am not, lol) it would be hard to stop and allow others to share the burdens of daily life. It is important to always seem like you got it under control. I have more of a hard time just leaning on people, I have always been self sufficient, weathered many a storm. My husband is so understanding and helpful and at first it was hard to let him pick up the slack, such as cooking dinner, doing the dishes etc. but I needed him and he was there. It is what people who love you do, they help. You just have to communicate what you need and trust that they can pick up the ball and be there for you. You know you would do the same for them should the roles be reversed. Same with your friends. I have found that it is easier for me to be honest with how I am feeling and lose the guilt about it. I have too much on my plate (emotionally) to add guilt to the mix. I am lucky in that I was able to take a medical leave so that I can relax my whole demeanor, body, mind and soul. I can't do it forever, however, I am so grateful I can do it now because withdrawing from the overstimulating environment of work was what I needed. I am not as social as I was and I am to the point of acceptance of this is how it is for now. All of us have different needs and different ways that we successfully cope with those needs. Just honor yourself and take care of yourself in what ever manner works for you. It doesn't have to be my way or anyone else's way. I am hoping that 51 will be a better year for me. I felt like it might. 50 was tough for me on all levels. I hope you have more good days than bad and that the bad aren't too bad. Take care of yourself and allow your loved ones to be loving. Just remember to always say thank you. I make it a point to show my husband my love and affection and deep appreciation for his efforts and understanding. They are great and I am blessed. Take care, Mich
"Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home..."

Sometimes I think my train of thought has derailed....
michuganna
On Fire!

Postby minniepauz » Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:10 pm

Wonderful post, Mich....thank you!
minniepauz
Site Admin

Quick Reply

Previous

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause