Period after 9 months

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

Period after 9 months

Postby TinaElmerRh » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:18 am

Here we go again. This is the 3rd year now that I missed having a period for months. I actually believed that I was done with them this time. I haven't had one in 9 months, since May! Woke up with the darn thing again. Has this happened to anyone?
TinaElmerRh

Re: Period after 9 months

Postby snoopy » Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:30 pm

I would be so :banghead: if that happened to me. I had 1 last year and so far 1 this year......

Stay strong!
I want to weigh what I used to weigh back when I thought I WAS FAT!
snoopy
Combustible

Postby minniepauz » Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:35 pm

How frustrating!! So I guess you just have to starting counting again, right? I'm really glad I didn't even notice skipping one or two..... and at the time (28 yrs ago?) I didn't know you had to go 12 mo. without one to be in menopause. Thank heavens we are so much more educated these days!! I was fortunate because I never had another one. I still had the symptoms though!! At least 5 years of severe hot flashes, depression, mood swings, insomnia. The severity fluctuated though and eventually one or two went away. We're all so different that all we can hope for is to mimic someone who had an easy time of it. I wish that for all of you, but alas, there will be some who have a rough time. Eventually, it settles down though. Just remember, you're never going to be like in your 20's and 30's, but you can strive to be healthy and the best YOU you can be!! :)
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby TinaElmerRh » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:04 am

OMG. Here we go again. Year 4 of 1 period per year. I know it's nice not having this every month, but darn I wish I could just go a whole year and never have a period again.
TinaElmerRh

Postby minniepauz » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:42 pm

What's the REST of the story, Tina? It might help determine where you're at in the whole process....obviously still peri-menopausal, but what other symptoms are you having? How old are you?
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby TinaElmerRh » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:39 pm

I am 52. Never had a hot flash (from what I have read on these boards I am very lucky), but my memory is totally lost. I feel like I am in a daze all the time. I loved the post about what I forgot today.
TinaElmerRh

Postby cbdoherty » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:48 pm

TinaElmerRh wrote:Here we go again. This is the 3rd year now that I missed having a period for months. I actually believed that I was done with them this time. I haven't had one in 9 months, since May! Woke up with the darn thing again. Has this happened to anyone?

This happened to me too. 3 years in a row.. every 9 months. coming up to 9 again.. I wonder what will happen. I jsut wish the hotflashes would stop
cbdoherty

Postby momoftwins » Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:34 pm

:( So depressing! sorry your going through this.. Now I have to ask, how long does the typical menopause proccess last? I am hearing so many say years ect..I think the symptoms sound much worse than periods!!!!
scary :baghead:
momoftwins

Postby minniepauz » Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:23 pm

From beginning to end the entire change can take anywhere from 5 to 10 years.....there's really no "typical". If you can find out what your Mother or other close female relatives went through, that "might" help, but still no guarantees. Get as educated as you can about the whole process and you will be a step ahead of the worst of it.
minniepauz
Site Admin

Quick Reply

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause