Perimenopause starting?

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

Perimenopause starting?

Postby misspebbles71 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:28 am

Hi Ladies. I'm very new to all of this and I have a question. I'm 38, will be 39 this coming October. I had my tubes tied about 7 years ago. Since then, I have kept a solid diary of my periods and have never missed one or ever been late. Because of that regularity, I can pin point my monthly periods down to a 3 day window. Also, I always get a very bad migriane 1 week before my period that usually last 2 days. Well, 2 weeks ago, I got the migraine and then my nipples became very sore and almost untouchable. Last week...migraine gone, nipples still sore and cracked looking, but no period all week. I felt very fat and bloated (though I still weigh the same), and I noticed my ankles were swelled. Now this week...it's a week later, still no period, breasts almost back to normal feeling, jeans fitting again, not feeling as bloated and swelling has gone down some on ankles. I feel like usually do when my period is over. I've looked at all the menopause symptoms and out of every list I've found, I have the majority of them. Could I be starting PeriMenopause?
~ Chrissie
misspebbles71
Warm Pauzer

Re: Perimenopause starting?

Postby minniepauz » Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:07 pm

Welcome Chrissy....it sounds like you have pinpointed the very beginning of your peri-menopause....very few of us can remember exactly when it all started. :) Late or very light periods are truly the first sign for most women, with many of the other symptoms thrown in for good measure (or your discomfort!).

If you're due for a checkup...be sure to mention this and document any changes that come from now on. Don't expect to find a pattern though! It could very well become wacky world if you do. It's better to expect the unexpected.....ie: you might have a very heavy period when it decides to show up.

Lot's of reading to do on the forum and we're all here to guide you through. :) I was 41 when I had my last period and I hadn't notice ANYTHING before that, but hey, that was 20 years ago and I hadn't created "Minnie Pauz" yet. :)
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby toohot » Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:21 pm

my Could I be starting PeriMenopause?
~ Chrissie
[/quote]

I'm certainly no expert, 8) but my symptoms were gradual: mid to late 30's my periods really changed & got shorter & shorter. The I'd skip a period or only get spotting. Then I'd go months without any blood. :P The I'd go 8 months then get one. Just passed my year mark & am hoping this is it. --Maybe a gyn visit is an idea?
Good luck! :mrgreen: [/color]
toohot
Warm Pauzer

Postby misspebbles71 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:02 am

Good morning all. I really appreciate all the input! I think you're right to say I may have pin pointed the very, very beginning. Would you believe ... it must have been a reaction to my posting here or the excitement of starting a new chapter in my life, but ......I actually started my period that very Wednesday night. It came on heavy and the only warning I got was some cramping a few minutes beforehand. I panicked and thought, "Oh no, don't tell me". I ran to the bathroom and sure enough, there it was. Now that was Wednesday night. By rights, my period should have lasted until this Tuesday or Wednesday... a full 7-8 days. BUT as of Sunday, a mere 5 days, and it stopped as quickly as it came. So, it was definitely a week late and definitely shorter than any period I've had before. Breasts are 100% back to normal and bloating feeling is gone as well.
I must say though, if Peri-menopause means not having severe migraines, or experiencing the painful cramps I get (I also have Endometriosis) every month..... count me in as in favor of starting it! :D
~ Chrissie ~
misspebbles71
Warm Pauzer

Postby minniepauz » Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:35 pm

misspebbles71 wrote:
I must say though, if Peri-menopause means not having severe migraines, or experiencing the painful cramps I get (I also have Endometriosis) every month..... count me in as in favor of starting it! :D

So many of us have found the atmosphere here to produce a calming effect and when our bodies let go of the stress and confusion about what's happening to us, it sometimes makes it a lot easier. I do hope that is what your experience will be!! :) Hang in there and keep reading and asking questions (even answering some because we're all experts at being women) and you will do fine. :)
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby psexypsychic » Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:06 pm

I was 34 when the peri symptoms became so obvious that I realized what was going on. It took two more years for a doctor to agree with me. :roll:

I, too, kept track of my periods and despite that and all the other symptoms, they kept putting off the official diagnosis.

Anyway, welcome to our world. ;) Its very helpful knowing that we're not "alone" in this situation.

*~my MySpace~*

diagnosed perimeno at 36 years old
psexypsychic
One HOT Woman!

Postby misspebbles71 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:23 pm

Thank you all so much. I'm actually looking forward to next month now, to see what kind of period I have. Guess that's the first time a woman ever said that. LOL!
~ Chrissie ~
misspebbles71
Warm Pauzer

Quick Reply

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause