Lung Cancer

Are you a smoker? Do you want to quit, but need support and encouragement from others who have quit or are trying to?

Moderators: psexypsychic, colopam

Lung Cancer

Postby CathyW » Tue May 18, 2010 7:46 am

Needed to write here to encourage everyone to keep fighting to get off these darn things!!!
On Mothers Day I was dx lung cancer. No signs or symptoms at all until 2 weeks ago a headache hit like I have never felt before. Went to ER where I was sent in ambulance an hour away to a larger hospital. Days of testing began.
Mothers Day came and then got looked directly in the eye to be told they had found cancer in my upper right lobe. Thats not even the worst. They found 11 areas in my brain.
So a lung cancer with no coughing, wheezing , shortness of breathe has been around long enough to spread that bad.
My chances are slim to none to beat this. I am 49 years old.
Not trying to scare everyone but if just one of you gets saved from the journey I am about to take it is worth writing.

Minnie thank you for the site. Got through meno with your help.

((((HUGS))))
Cathy
Cathy
born 1960/peri/fibroids/hypothyroidism/on Disability because of FM
CathyW
One HOT Woman!

Re: Lung Cancer

Postby Lindy » Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:45 pm

Sadly Cathy passed away June 21, 2010.
She was a wonderful caring woman and we will miss her.
RIP CathyW.
Lindy
Warm Pauzer

Re: Lung Cancer

Postby minniepauz » Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:10 pm

I'm stunned at this news and so grateful that Lindy took the time to register and let us know that CathyW has passed away. She's been a member here for 5 years and was always encouraging and supportive to other women.

RIP Cathy......
minniepauz
Site Admin

Quick Reply

Return to Can you quit?