Is this normal?

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

Is this normal?

Postby canuckmama » Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:51 pm

I am having lots of trouble posting here. I keep timing out. Why? This is not a problem on other similar boards. I would like to post a question but I keep getting timed out!
canuckmama

Re: Is this normal?

Postby minniepauz » Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:19 pm

I'm not sure why .... I haven't heard anyone else mention that problem. :( I hope it's just a temporary glitch. Sometimes the connection between two servers (like yours and mine) will be screwy at certain times. Do you have to login each time it happens?
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby canuckmama » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:01 pm

Hi again,

I got your email...not sure what I did wrong when setting up my account. Any tips would be appreciated. :)

Here's my issue. I'm 50 yrs old. I feel that I've been 'peri' for years. But the last 6 months or so have been super weird. My periods, which have been as regular as clockwork all my life, are now on some bizarre schedule. Some months I skip, then some months I'll have two! Sometimes the bleeiding is slight...and other times it's like 'old faithful' and just goes thru everything...underwear, pants, bedding. It's really embarassing not to mention frustrating.

OH, and I have fibroids and am prone to ovarian cysts.

So...is this normal??

thanks!
canuckmama

Postby minniepauz » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:45 pm

It sounds very normal to me and hopefully, some of the other members will chime in. I hope you have been able to see your doctor for a checkup and take a list of all the symptoms you've been having. They may take blood tests to determine where your hormones are at this time. Most of them don't. The irregular periods are the most definitive sign of peri-menopause and there's no certain time length that it will go on...could be several more years. When you haven't had a period for 12 mo straight....then you're post-menopausal. But you could still have lingering symptoms.

The best thing you can do is read, read, read and become familiar with the different options you have through this process (hormone therapy, supplements, etc). Stay in touch here and you'll find some great women who are going through the same thing you are.

It looks like you're not getting kicked off now, right?
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby canuckmama » Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:49 am

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I seem to be able to post without getting kicked off... :bouncy:

I've had the hormone test (can't recall the name now) a few yrs ago and it showed that I was not yet in menopause. I will discuss all of this next time I see my doc.

Thanks for the support!
canuckmama

Quick Reply

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause