To Dent or not to Dent (ure)

There are many health concerns at this time in life and one of them involves our dental health, so I wanted to make a section just for these discussions.

To Dent or not to Dent (ure)

Postby minniepauz » Sat Jul 21, 2007 2:09 pm

As many of you know, I had to get dentures last year and it's been a long drawn out process because I decided to get implants on the bottom, so I thought I'd carve out a little area on the board for those who would like to discuss or ask questions or just support each other.

I found a denture message board just about a week ago and how I wish I had known about it before I started! Anyway, it's at http://groups.msn.com/DenturesANewSmile for any of you who want to visit "privately".

It's been a lifesaver. Just like here, it's great to know that someone knows exactly what you're going through!
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby minniepauz » Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:11 am

Ive been through a nightmare experience with my dentures and will probably have to take the dentist to court to get some of my money back. :(

If you've ever thought that you'd rather "just get them all pulled and get dentures", talk to me first!! I'm sure I will eventually get used to them, but I sure don't like them!

At least I'm able to smile now though!
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to Everyone!!
minniepauz
Site Admin

Re: To Dent or not to Dent (ure)

Postby parts2you » Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:06 pm

well, once again i am sooo confused and cant make decisions. i have had an upper denture since i was about 24 years old. due to bad dentists when i was a kid (got my first partial with one front tooth when i was 16) i went through so much pain as a kid, it was an easy decision back then to get the denture.
well now, i need a new one. i keep stalling and stalling because of the money.
and on top of it, the other night one of my bottom teeth broke. there is very little of it left,and i dont even know how the filling in it is staying intact. thank God it isnt hurting-yet. on that side i have no teeth from that one,back to the back of my mouth. so i am going to need something. i dont even know if a bridge or partial is possible since there are no teeth in the back to clip onto. i would love to get implants but at the same time i am scared to death of the pain once again. in recent years i have become just about immune to novicaine. i really really hate the thought of getting a full denture on the bottom not only because of the pain of the extractions but because i always hear how hard they are to get used to. plus, after all these years with the top one, its still a vanity issue. i hate having them at all for that reason. yet,like i said...it was a relief to not have to worry about anymore pain. well anyway i dont know what my point is here,just wanted to vent i guess!!
parts2you
One HOT Woman!

Postby minniepauz » Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:51 am

I'm glad I got the implants now (4 on the bottom only) and there really wasn't that much pain. They put you out and then you have pain meds, but really wasn't much at all.

I'm happy not to have to deal with the pain of bad teeth or gum disease now. I've finally gotten used to wearing dentures. Even did a cartoon about it. :)

My advice, no matter what you decide, is to find a DENTURIST, not a dentist to do your bridges or dentures.
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby julia.sadie » Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:49 pm

IMO, dental implants are a lot better than dentures, but I agree; if you decide to get dentures, go to a denturist, not a dentist. Dentist in Orange
julia.sadie

Quick Reply

Return to MidLife Dental