Helloooooooooooo

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

Helloooooooooooo

Postby Brugi » Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:03 pm

Hi Everyone,
New here, trying to learn my way around.
Just a little history on myself.
I'm 58 years young. I believe I have started perimenopause ( not sure ?? ).
I had a hysterectomy when I was 32, but the doctors left a piece of an ovary to help with hormones. At the age of 40 I guess the ovary was not enough help anymore so I was put on Vivelle Dot .05mg hormone patch.
I never seemed to have any problems all this time when all of a sudden, come the beginning of this year, WHAM , I'm being hit with all kinds of things.
Breast soreness, hot flashes, weepiness.
I didn't think I would go thru menopause because of the TAH but now I'm being told that as long as I have that piece of ovary that yes I would go thru natural menopause.
I thought possibly the breast soreness was coming from too much estrogen, so I am trying to cut down the patch to lower the estrogen. I did manage to lessen the breast soreness, but still have problems with hot flahes and night sweats. So I'm not sure I'm doing the right thing by cutting the patch.
Has anyone else tried this with any success ??

Just curious. Thanx for your help. :thumbsup:
Brugi

Re: Helloooooooooooo

Postby minniepauz » Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:32 am

Brugi, thanks for joining our group here and sharing your experiences. I hope someone who has gone through the same thing will jump in here. If they don't, I would suggest that you check in with www.hystersisters.com and I know for sure you would get some good qualified answers there. :) But just make sure you come back and let us know what you found out! :)
minniepauz
Site Admin

Quick Reply

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause