Hello! And Help

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

Hello! And Help

Postby momoftwins » Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:53 pm

Hello

I was really happy to come across this forum today. I really need some answers, about what is possibly going on here...I have an upcoming visit scheduled with my obgyn, but I needed some girl talk.

I am 40 yrs old, 41 in 3 weeks and noticed this past summer that I was sweating all the time for no good reason, even indoors with a.c. . People started commenting, are you ok? are you hot? ect.. very embarrassing.. but I still thought ok, so its summer, guess I am a sweater. Now its happening and its the end of oct..my face gets a little red.. my hair gets damp and I cant keep makeup on!

Now this week, these horrible night sweats wake me up, pillow soaked..I toss and turn for hours :(
I feel exhausted in the daytime now... I also noticed my breasts are really swollen or enlarged and the nipples are really tender. I have noticed my joints are aching a little and also my hands, knees and elbows are really dry and itchy ect..

I have not missed a period as of yet. So, trying to figure out whats going on here... Its miserable. I would prefer a period at this point.

I was thinking this kinda thing would start in maybe my late 40's or later. I suddenly feel very old.

I am the mother of 2 yr old twins, so sleeping in the daytime is not an option :?

Love to hear from you! :oops:
momoftwins

Re: Hello! And Help

Postby minniepauz » Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:20 pm

So many things will become clear once you see your doctor (we hope!), but so far it sounds like you are having the beginning signs of peri-menopause. Unfortunately, there are no simple answers for each of the symptoms you're experiencing, but if you can isolate the most troublesome and try to find solutions for each one, you will probably start noticing "ok, the overall picture is not as bad as it was". Doesn't mean it will all go away though...and your understanding of that fact can actually make it easier for you. Some women have the expectation that taking hormones or wicking pj's will solve all the problems and then they are more frustrated, stressed out and pissed off than ever! :)

Different things work for different women. For instance, Evening Primrose Oil helps many women with hot flashes, some swear by Estroven, anti depressants or other over the counter products. First read everything you can about your symptoms (do searches here and on google), make notes to take with you to the doctor appt. and see what your dr. thinks. I'm not saying that they should tell you what to do, afterall you are more in tune with your body than anyone else. Trust your instincts.

For the nightsweats, I really do recommend that you try some wicking sleepwear, but if that doesn't help enough, you might want to try (my favorite) http://www.menopausebedding.com/ They're pretty expensive but it's the only ones that really make the bed feel cooler all night long....they have pillow cases too.

I hope some members will join in with more suggestions for you! I'm happy you're here sharing with everyone! :)
minniepauz
Site Admin

Re: Hello! And Help

Postby momoftwins » Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:41 pm

Thanks so much for responding to me :D

Strangely enough, no night sweats last night and I feel much better, since i got some sleep. Breast tenderness and swelling gone.. and most of the symptoms, so I was calculating my cycle and noticed that the days I was experiencing alot of this was actually during the time I would be ovulating...
the bloating/stomach tenderness is gone now too... So now I am wondering whats going on, and yes looking forward to my doc appt.

Being a woman isn't easy! :?
momoftwins

Quick Reply

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause