Had surgery on the 11th due to mass

This is the place to talk about it, whether you're peri or post! If you don't see a topic that suits you, just start a new one!

Had surgery on the 11th due to mass

Postby melysa.mcguire » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:05 pm

So.... I had the last ovary taken out on the 11th and let me tell you i NEVER understood why menopause was such a big deal until now. I am 30 years old and currently i have hot flashes..indigestion..headaches...and just feel down right yucky...I went in for a post op check-up and was planning to talk with the dr about how ive been feeling...When dr. entered the room i just broke down in tears and was saying "Is this normal" I am currently taking estrovil 2 mgs now and although the hot flashes are getting better the headaches still keep coming. Happily over the last few days the indigestion is easing up some ..but is this normal to get? And the headaches is that just another added gift? I am menopausal and LOST and really have no idea what to expect considering my mother has yet to go through this and my grandmother is saying "you should just do this naturally like i did" HOW DID SHE DO OR GO THROUGH THIS WITH NO HELP ILL NEVER KNOW!!!! :shock:
melysa.mcguire

Re: Had surgery on the 11th due to mass

Postby redhotmama » Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:00 am

Frankly at age 30 I really don't think you should be going through this 'naturally', as you are not menopausal for normal reasons. Definitely look into something to help ease your symptoms, as you don't want to be feeling menopausal when you are so young. (((hugs)))
redhotmama

Re: Had surgery on the 11th due to mass

Postby melysa.mcguire » Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:36 am

Yeah my doctor said that i really wouldn't be able to handle this naturally, I am now on 1.5 mgs of Estrodiol and its helping just gives really bad headaches for about 3 days when i up the dose....i am supposed to up it another half mg this week just dread it b/c of the headaches. The symptoms are really easing up a little just having night sweats now. I just feel so overwhelmed with all of this...and reading the side effects to the HRT just are bothersome on their own.
melysa.mcguire

Quick Reply

Return to Menopause