I feel like I'm going nuts

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

I feel like I'm going nuts

Postby redhead50 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:25 am

Good day all. I am hoping someone can answer this question for me. I am 50 yr old. Up until now my periods have been coming every 6 weeks.; now it's been over that time and no period, however all of the other symptoms are there. And I am feeling very down in the dumps about it. the cramps, the bloating, the sudden weight fluctuation that used to accompany that time of month. But no flow. Is this normal, to get all the symptoms that usually accompany one's period, but now flow?

I take menopause supplements, work out regulary, cardio and weight training, also an avid road cyclist. I eat well, drink tons of water. Yet I still feel "gross" for lack of a better word, right now with all these symptoms. I am not even weighing myself this week because I dont want to be further depressed!! :(
redhead50

Re: I feel like I'm going nuts

Postby minniepauz » Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:14 pm

redhead50 wrote:Good day all. I am hoping someone can answer this question for me. I am 50 yr old. Up until now my periods have been coming every 6 weeks.; now it's been over that time and no period, however all of the other symptoms are there. And I am feeling very down in the dumps about it. the cramps, the bloating, the sudden weight fluctuation that used to accompany that time of month. But no flow. Is this normal, to get all the symptoms that usually accompany one's period, but now flow?

I take menopause supplements, work out regulary, cardio and weight training, also an avid road cyclist. I eat well, drink tons of water. Yet I still feel "gross" for lack of a better word, right now with all these symptoms. I am not even weighing myself this week because I dont want to be further depressed!! :(

redhead50....this is probably one of the most misunderstood information that women get about menopause.....the symptoms do not go away even after your periods have stopped. Not all women have the same symptoms and certainly not at the same time in the process as all other women, so it's a wait and see game for each of us. You're doing everything you need to do to stay healthy, but unfortunately it may take awhile for your hormones to settle down. Hopefully you will find the right combination of vitamins and supplements to help get through the worst part, or you may want to talk to your doctor about starting hormone treatment at some point. Do a lot of reading and asking questions...that is our greatest weapon!

All my best.....Dee
minniepauz
Site Admin

Quick Reply

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause