I AM SO MAD

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

Postby DebK1963 » Fri Feb 04, 2005 9:31 pm

You girls are crackin' me up! I knew I couldn't possibly be the only one yelling for no reason other than to hear myself yell (or so it seems) :oops:
I told my DR, "I can't even stand to be around ME!" I mean, JEEZ...how can we go from crying to yelling to laughing in a 15 minute span of time? The dogs are starting to hide under the bed in the mornings while I get ready for work - that seems to be my worst time :cry:
Deb
DebK1963
Warm Pauzer

Postby wildwoman » Fri Feb 04, 2005 11:02 pm

((((((((Deb))))))))))

Its strange isnt it? Things that would have never made me blink make me mad. I try so hard not to show my anger but it shows. I started getting more sleep and taking calcium/magnesium and Im feeling better. I also felt better when I realized my last out burst was probably due to being under the weather. (Isnt it nice to find something else to blame it on? lol Ive never been tickled to wake up with a stuffy nose!) I guess it really is time to start taking care of ourselves. If I dont Im grouchy and nobody likes to be around me either. I remember standing in front of my son crying telling him I dont like to be around me either but everywhere I go Im there! :D Hang in there, treat yourself well and there has got to be a light at the end of this tunnel. so they say huh?
Tell your dog, my dog says "woof".
wildwoman
On Fire!

Postby DebK1963 » Sat Feb 05, 2005 12:17 pm

WW,
Seems just the smallest things set me off on the road to ranting & raving <cringe> Outside of acting like a B**** periodically, I feel fine. I TRY to take pretty good care of myself. Quit smoking & drinking, limit my caffeine intake, eat lots of fruit & veggies and go to bed at a decent hour at night. I do however, eat things I'm sure I should watch more carefully and I KNOW I should be getting some exercise. I'm the "Queen of Procrastination" lately though & am not very motivated. HAHA, I'm not sure how long I have to look at my jiggly butt before I AM motivated to remedy it, but apparently I haven't gotten to that point yet -ROFL!
Deb
DebK1963
Warm Pauzer

Postby DebK1963 » Sat Feb 05, 2005 12:19 pm

WW,
Forgot to tell ya...My 3 dogs said to tell your dog "Woof Woof Woof"
Deb and the dogs
DebK1963
Warm Pauzer

Postby wildwoman » Sat Feb 05, 2005 1:36 pm

Deb,
Congrats on quitting smoking!! And drinking! I am a smoker, have quit once which is scary because they say it takes an average of 8 quits till you finally get it. Although who are "they". How long has it been? Ive also heard that you can gain up to 75lbs and still be healthier than if you were smoking. That seems a bit much but smoking is terrible for you. cough cough. Wish I wouldve never started in the first place! Thank goodness the kids now are so educated. What bugs me about some of the girls today is they are into cutting themselves. Thats the first question I ask when my boys are interested in a girl. "Is she a cutter?" Cant imagine what makes them feel like they have to do that.

Three dogs huh? We had up to three dogs, a bird, cat, fish tank and rodents at one time. We are now down to one dog one cat. Our cat is a Maine Coon Cat and she is so beautiful but they dont require as much petting as a regular cat. I miss that alot. Am thinking about getting another cat.....I dont know if I would really want the vet bills/cat food/cat hair...oh never mind, just talked myself out of it. Yeah, till I see a cute cuddly kitten!

Bye!
wildwoman
On Fire!

Postby DebK1963 » Sat Feb 05, 2005 7:02 pm

WW,
The quit smoking thing was pretty simple this time. Can't count the times I tried & didn't make it. It's been 1 1/2 years now. Really, I don't feel any different. Food tastes as good as it always has. I'm sure I over-ate in the beginning because of the whole "oral fixation" thing. I didn't gain 75 pounds though. I think maybe 15-20 and that's bad enough :( When you're ready to quit, you'll know it. My honey quit 2 years before I did. Bless his heart, he never complained once---he's a saint! Now the poor guy has to put up with me :evil: and the mood swings.
We have a rough Collie (long hair, like Lassie) and a Shih Tzu, so I know where you're coming from on the cat hair mess. Our other dog is a Dachshund - so no hair shedding problems there - only BAD breath!
Deb
DebK1963
Warm Pauzer

Quick Reply

Previous

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause