Hello, I'm a New Pause'er and New To This Site

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

Hello, I'm a New Pause'er and New To This Site

Postby Pauzin Looney Lyn » Tue Mar 01, 2005 4:02 pm

Hello All :lol:
Where Do I Begin? Wow, there is so much information here to digest here. I'm so glad to read there are so many out there like me. I'm 43 and most defently having symtoms of being in the transformation of Perimenopause, either that or I'm losing my mind. :cry:
First and foremost is there anyone out there that could in lighten me on "How to deal with a husband that is not caring and understanding with this transition I'm going through? I would love to find other women who understand what I'm going through and has some ideas on how to cope. Sometimes this burden is hard to bare with everything that is going on in my life. I know I will make it through, I'm a strong women but sometimes it's nice to know you have friends out there to help and give advice :)
Thanks to all the ladies with their kind words, their open arms and hearts.
Still Hanging On, Lynie Pause :wink:

Is There Not A Cause?
Pauzin Looney Lyn

Postby drjudy » Fri Mar 04, 2005 9:45 am

Hi Lynie,

I'm sorry you're dealing with both perimenopause and a less-that-sympathetic spouse. I think you've found the right place here to access the humor and grace that will help ease this crazy ride.

I do find myself reviewing my reactions at times, those irritable, off-with-their heads, kind of reactions that send me snapping at the family, and trying to keep conscious of whose problem it is. If they are less than understanding and patient when I'm irrational and impatient, I just put myself in time-out. Better to go read a book, go for a walk, go to a movie, than to allow a difficult interaction to escalate into something more than a bad hormone moment.

I'm sure other ladies will have other suggestions. Meanwhile, be sure to read the minnie moments page on Dee's web-site for a great laugh which helps put all this in perspective.

Best wishes,
Judy
drjudy
One HOT Woman!

My Body My Mind

Postby lynie pause » Fri Mar 04, 2005 11:01 am

Dear Judy,

Thanks so much for your response, it was deeply appreciated :lol: I'm getting through this and I will but sometimes it's just nice to know you have the support of your spouse. I know it's my problem, my body, my symtoms but it is just nice to have that compassion from your hubby and patience to help you through it. He takes spells here lately, the other day I was all excited showing him this site and all the symtoms I have, I have 28 out of 35, :evil: :cry: he said it was not his problem and it did not involve him. Yea right...lol it does when I bite his head off lol. last nite he was very sweet and helpful so some prayers from someone out there are getting through to him, thanks to whome ever you are :) I also have noticed I like being alone more here lately and this is new for me, I like to go off to my bedroom and read, watch a t.v. show no one else wants to watch-(a chick flick), or I listen to music that calms me. Or I even go take a long bubble bath. Thanks again for your support if I can help you anytime just let me know.

Helping Others Makes A Differance,
Lynie Pause
When Life Gives You Lemons, Make Lemon-aid :D
lynie pause
Combustible

Quick Reply

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause