blank brain

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

blank brain

Postby I forget » Tue Mar 08, 2005 3:05 am

I'm 49 years old...had regular periods up until Chtistmas and nothing since...no hot flashes...but...holy moly... I feel like alzimers :roll: has set in...
I went through the drive through cash machine at the bank....withdrew 100 bucks[or was it 60 ?]..and took off without getting the money out of the slot. ...of course I went back, but it wasn't there...
I'm forgetting lots of things...feel like my head is filled with cotton...I can't quite think as well as I used to!!I am a real organizer!I feel so lazy!!My chores seem like more of a burden than ever!!I get one thing done and I feel like I need a medal! I'm sleeping well...too well!!!I feel like I could sleep round the clock!!24 hours would be fine!!No depression yet or unusual mood swings....gosh!!!what next????Thanks for listening. :lol: ..I could be dangerous!!
I forget

Postby Guest » Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:20 am

My best friend calls that "sometimers" Some times I remember, some times I forgets. I have a clipboard at work I call my "short term memory" and have had to put a note on it that if it's found to return it to my department as I tend to get too many things going at once and lose it! The guys in my department laugh at me but have come to expect it! (still have another clipboard floating around SOMEWHERE that didn't have THE note on it! LOL).

Have you had your thyroid checked? I had the experience with the constant tiredness and levoxyl REALLY changed things! I'm also not as forgetful (really!) as I am w/o it, and a good doctor would be able to narrow down any concerns. Good luck!!!

Hugs Pam

hello

Postby I forget » Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:44 am

hello there,
I forget all the time and hubby said to me the other day, "i better stick with you when you go out" well was i all pissy about that. I dont need a babysitter...lol..I find that i have alot of forgetfulness,im crapy,and some times i laugh at the silly things.But 1 thing to remember you have friends here.Who can relate to what your going threw.Hang in there,it does get better....i think.... sharon :roll:
I forget

Postby pamibe » Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:44 am

I was like that for about 4 years, but it got much better! Hang in there; I think when your homones balance out your brain comes back...! Not saying I don't still forget things, but that "hazy, can't think" feeling is gone... :D

pam
pamibe

Postby karyn » Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:56 pm

Ahhh the no memory club.....Everyone keeps teasing me about it.....but it's a good excuse sometimes....you can pull off stuff and when asked about it...you can just say...hummm can't remember.
karyn

Postby SofiaSofia » Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:39 pm

I know how you feel! Sometimes that brain fog can be so awful. The other day (forget when), I was completing an insurance form and couldn't remember my husband's ss# or birthdate, or my kid's numbers either. Didn't know what day it was or how many siblings I have. Ugh! Too many numbers.....felt like the room was spinning!
SofiaSofia
Warm Pauzer

Feeling For Ya 2

Postby lynie pause » Wed Mar 09, 2005 1:06 pm

Hey there,

I have alot of brain fog anymore too, it comes and goes. I can focus and feel pretty good with what I have to tackle then it hits...out of the blue. Whamo....I was applying for jobs yesterday, two matter of fact filled out tons of paper work and did testing booklet after booklet. I was a hour and half at both places :cry: and did pretty well I thought at the first one with the math test, spelling test and personality one, I wanted to laugh at that one I felt like putting down "Yea hire this crazy women....lol! Anyways I was almost done with the other work and filling out tons of paper work I missed filling out two pages the only thing is he had to ask me twice, first I filled the part out and handed it to him then he said here you forgot this back page..I thought geese he won't want to hire a lady who cannot remember simple things....I felt so stupid.... :evil: I feel for ya losing that money expecially when money is tight these days in this economy. My thoughts are with ya girl....keep your chin up.

Lynie
lynie pause
Combustible

Postby drjudy » Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:28 am

No one's immune to this dead brain thing. As I started down the crowded aisle of airplane yesterday at the end of the flight, I realized with a start that I'd left my purse under the seat. I made my way back up the aisle apologizing to people right and left "Sorry left my purse, gotta go back, etc." They, in turn, were too polite or puzzled to point out to me that my purse was hanging off my shoulder!

Gotta laugh at ourselves!
Judy
drjudy
One HOT Woman!

Postby SofiaSofia » Thu Mar 10, 2005 1:52 pm

Drjudy - LOL! That's a great story. I've spent time searching my house for my glasses when they were perched right on top of my head the whole time! :roll:
SofiaSofia
Warm Pauzer

Postby Zero » Fri Mar 11, 2005 6:50 am

Oh my, Judy!! You must have felt like Meno Bo Peep huh? :)

Zero

Postby Guest » Fri Mar 11, 2005 10:32 am

One of my co-workers "lost" her glasses during our last inventory, we're coming upon another one in a week and I'm betting that we find them somewhere in topstock. Her glasses and maybe my other clipboard! LOL hugs Pam

Postby Guest » Tue Mar 15, 2005 10:01 pm

I personally think that the brain fog is the worst symptom of peri or menopause. They tease me at work now cuz I keep losing stuff and then stuff turns up right in front of me. I laugh along with them, but it is so frustrating.

I went to bake a cake and left it in the oven and went upstairs. Forgot all about it. It wasn't until the smoke detectors went off that I realized what was going on.

Susan

Postby Zetti » Wed Mar 16, 2005 1:04 pm

Oh someone puhleeeze tell me what I did w/the kitchen sink stopper?

It is a mystery.

I can't even catalog the stuff I have found in bizarre places . . .

Zetti
Zetti
Combustible

WHERE HAS OUR MINDS GONE?

Postby lynie pause » Fri Mar 25, 2005 11:57 am

Dear Susan & Zetti,

Man a live are we sisters? LOL :roll: :lol: Drives me crazy in losing stuff too I will have it in my hands and get stopped doing something and lay it down whereever and forget where I put it... :cry: I lost my reading glasses the other day and could not find them for over a week and could not really read fine print so needless to say I did not read my magazines at bedtime. Then I found them in the weirdest place, must of laid them on my bed and they fell off and got pushed under the bed :evil: but at least I found them. :). Zetti if I logged everything I would probably want to be admitted of all the stuff I forget or brain fart over....Susan I get to cooking too and forget about it and my stuff sticks to the bottom on pans hubby complains to me about it lol. Here is a good one.....you guys will love this one...lol :lol: :roll: I ran bath water awhile back....walked in kitchen got busy doing something, can't remember...imagine that! LOL! and forgot about it and son found it running over hubby and I went into bathroom and found a inch of water on the floor luckily it didn't soak into the lanolem or damage anything, just my ego...lol. we both got to moppin it up and he didn't say much about it, he knew better...hahahah. I hope that will give you a laugh for today on this Good Friday wish you all well and a great holiday weekend.....

HANG IN AND HANG ON.... :lol:
LYNIE PAUSE
lynie pause
Combustible

Postby Guest » Fri Mar 25, 2005 2:46 pm

Hah! My bf has learned that the worst thing he could hear is: Oh I put that someplace I KNEW I'd remember . . .

That means the item will never be seen again.

Another fun thing is when he says: Be sure to remind me . . .

Ha ha ha!

Zetti

Quick Reply

Next

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause