No one Understands

This is the place to talk about it, whether you're peri or post! If you don't see a topic that suits you, just start a new one!

No one Understands

Postby All Male Household » Mon May 09, 2005 8:21 pm

I am a 47 year old (women of course) and have been experiencing menopause syptoms for the last 5 years. I actually had a good few months but.....now it's back. Lack of patience and being irratable are big on the list the last few weeks but lets not forget hairloss, insomnia and all the other great things we get to experience.

My household is all men. Husband, my dad lives here also and 4 sons. I also have 2 brothers....no women. I have never, ever felt so alone. These guys just don't understand. I don't need pity but it would be nice if someone in this house or my brother could just ask "how are you feeling". My husband ignores me and tells my that I need phychiatric help. I'm not going to buy that one. I mean I'm not crazy.....am I?

Just looking for someone who feels as alone as I do. Time to cry now.
All Male Household

if your crazy, i'm in the same boat :)

Postby Telsa01 » Mon May 09, 2005 9:05 pm

I turned 50 in Jan. and for the last four months didn't have my period, then in April I started again. Couldn't understand why I had been sleeping better, fewer hot flashes, and I seem to be feeling happier,,,when I started,,,, all my questions were answered. Well, some of them. I still don't have a handle on how to manage this new part of my life, and feel a lot of women are in the same boat.
goooooooooooooood luck.
Telsa01

Postby colopam » Tue May 10, 2005 7:33 am

All Male Household
YOU ARE NOT ALONE!!!!
Yoou've come tinto some great company and support. read some posts check out the site, print out the symptoms list and have DH read it and go over it with you. in the meantime.... Hugs Pam
It's never too late for a happy childhood!!
The more you live, the less you die!!
Well behaved women rarely make history.
DB: 1958
peri/hypothyroid/fibroids(myomectomy)
Pam
colopam
One HOT Woman!

Postby Guest » Wed May 11, 2005 1:16 pm

Dear All Male Household,
I hate to say it but some men just don't get it and maybe that describes the men in your life. You may have to find comfort somewhere else like here or another woman friend. I dont' mean to make that sound as bad as it sounds but it's true. I agree talk to your husband but don't be too dissapointed if the results are not what your looking for. Some men are not as in tune to "feelings" as others. Good luck I do know what it is like. My husband just thinks menopause means your getting old and that's it. Gee, thanks hubby!

No one understands

Postby JustJoan59 » Sat Jun 11, 2005 10:48 pm

Dear All Male HH - I know how you feel! When I started experiencing the symptoms, it dawned on me that I had no one to discuss them with in my entire family! My mother, older sister and aunts are all deceased! I am literally the matriarch of my family - scary! So what I delicately did was queried a few friends of mine that are about my age and older...well, a floodgate opened! I learned all sorts of stuff, but the most important thing I learned was that I wasn't alone. I'm sure this forum is showing you that, too. Hang in there! :D
JustJoan59

"Courage is being scared but saddling up anyway." John Wayne
JustJoan59

Postby purple haze » Sun Jun 12, 2005 4:18 pm

Just wanted to add my support and say HI.

Sometimes living un an all male household can be such a pain. You'll like it here.
purple is my color,
a hippie mama to a hippie mama
granny nanny to 4
purple haze
One HOT Woman!

Postby txgirl98 » Tue Jun 14, 2005 1:17 pm

My husband tries to understand but I know he thinks this is just a temporary thing and pretty soon I will be back to "normal". Whatever that is once we are past 40. I have appreciated my circle of women friends now more than ever. Being in age from 45 to 60 we are all in some phase of menopause and several of us were thrown in waste deep by surgery. I don't think its whining when we talk about what we are going through. It is cathartic to hear that you are not alone and we always seem to find a way to laugh about it (or at least have a shoulder to cry on when necessary!) I have sympathy for any woman trying to tough it through on her own! Maybe you can find a support group or woman's group in your area, or start one with some women you know.
txgirl98
Warm Pauzer

Quick Reply

Return to Menopause