I QUIT SMOKING TOO

Are you a smoker? Do you want to quit, but need support and encouragement from others who have quit or are trying to?

Moderators: psexypsychic, colopam

I QUIT SMOKING TOO

Postby MIDNIGHT44 » Wed May 11, 2005 8:00 am

[i][color=darkred][/color]
MINNIE,
CONGRADULATIONS ON YOUR AWESOME QUIT. WAY TO GO GIRL. IT'S NICE YOU ARE SHARING THIS WITH ALL.
I ALSO QUIT SMOKING ON MARCH 20, 2005. ON DAY 52. I'M SO EXCITED ABOUT IT AND I PRINT OUT MY STAT'S EVERYDAY AND HAVE THEM POSTED ON THE FRIDGE. :lol: I FOUND A VERY HELPFUL SITE FOR HELP IT'S CALLED http://www.quitnet6.com. ALOT OF SUPPORT. :D
AFTER ALL THESE DAYS I THINK I MAY HAVE FIGURED OUT WHY MY OTHER QUITS DIDN'T WORK OUT. I AM VERY COMMITTED TO THIS QUIT AND I KNOW IT'S MADE IT EASIER TO DO IT. IF YOU ARE NOT READY OR SOMEONE HAS COMPLAINED ABOUT YOUR SMOKING SO YOU DO IT TO KEEP THEM QUITE, I DON'T BELIEVE IT WILL WORK. YOU HAVE TO QUIT FOR YOURSELF. I HAVE HAD A SMOKERS COUGH FOR YEARS AND AFTER 8 DAYS OF NO SMOKING THE IS TOTALLY GONE. SUCH A GOOD FEELING TO NOT COUGH NIGHT AND DAY. :lol: :lol:

THESE ARE YESTERDAYS STAT'S:

51 DAYS, 8 HOURS, 22 MINUTES AND 34 SECONDS :wink:
CIGARETTES NOT SMOKED: 2,054 (this is the scary part) :(
LIFE SAVED: 15 days, 16 hours :D
AND MONEY SAVED IS: $484.50 YIPPEEEEEEEEEE. :lol:

JUST WANTED TO SHARE THIS WITH YOU.
ENJOY YOUR SITE MINNIE, GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR QUIT

THANKS,
DAWN/MIDNIGHT44[/i]
MIDNIGHT44

Postby Zero » Wed May 11, 2005 9:03 am

WAY TO GO, DAWN!!!

I totally agree that you just have to be ready and want to do it for yourself. I used every trick in the book to get to that point and just kept telling myself that it didn't make sense to WANT a cigarette....that I was a stronger, smarter person than that. Now I'm a healthier person too and even though I caught a virus (cold) from my granddaughter, and had all the same symptoms I get for years now, I've barely coughed at all....that's amazing! It's proof that my lungs HAVE started to heal in just 72 days!!

I know I'll be a non-smoker from now on......
Zero

Postby Guest » Thu May 12, 2005 7:47 am

I quit smoking 17 years ago so I am hear to tell you the desire does go away. The thought of smoking a cigarette is yuck. Good luck to everyone who is trying to quit.

Postby MIDNIGHT44 » Thu May 12, 2005 7:56 am

[i][color=red][/color]

WOW :D 17 YEARS AGO. NOW THAT'S ALOT OF CIGARETTES NOT SMOKED. AWESOME. IT REALLY FEELS GOOD NOT TO BE DEPENDANT ON THE SMOKES ANYMORE, MY LUNGS FEEL BETTER AND I CAN BREATH AGAIN. OH AND I SMELL BETTER. :wink:
HAVE A GREAT DAY.
:D DAWN [/i]
MIDNIGHT44

Postby Blindlady » Thu May 12, 2005 11:02 am

Awesome Stats Dawn!
I too used the stats everyday. I think I got mine from Silkquit.

I quit almost 3 yrs ago. I had lots of support from my dh, my kids and friends around me. I knew it was time to quit and used the patch for 6 weeks (I smoked for 33 yrs!!!!!)

GREAT JOB!!!!!!

Pat
Blindlady

Postby MIDNIGHT44 » Thu May 12, 2005 2:34 pm

HI PAT :D
YEAH IT'S A GREAT FEELING NOT TO SMOKE ANYMORE. THE DAYS ARE GOING BY FAST NOW. I HAVE TO TELL YOU IN THE BEGINNING THAT FIRST WEEK SEEMED LIKE A MONTH, AS I'M SURE YOU REMEMBER. GLAD THAT IS OVER. :wink: I HAD TO QUIT COLD TURKEY, BUT IT WASN'T THAT BAD, I KNEW I WAS GOING TO BEAT IT THIS TIME.
3 YEARS WOW. :D :D
HAVE A GREAT DAY
DAWN
MIDNIGHT44

Postby minniepauz » Thu Jun 09, 2005 9:08 am

How are you doing, Dawn? I hit 90 days smoke free yesterday which amazes me with the amount of stress I've been under lately. Guess I was truly ready to quit when I did. I still think about it and every day I tell myself that it's not that hard and that I'm never going to smoke again. I'm counting forward and will be glad when I can say 6 mo. Dee

It's going to take me forever to get rid of all the "Zero" posts where he took over my name :(
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby minniepauz » Thu Jun 09, 2005 9:10 am

Blindlady wrote:Awesome Stats Dawn!
I too used the stats everyday. I think I got mine from Silkquit.

I quit almost 3 yrs ago. I had lots of support from my dh, my kids and friends around me. I knew it was time to quit and used the patch for 6 weeks (I smoked for 33 yrs!!!!!)

GREAT JOB!!!!!!

Pat

Pat....you've GOT to explain your name "Blindlady"! I figure there's a story behind that, right?
minniepauz
Site Admin

Quick Reply

Return to Can you quit?