Am I a newbie Minnie Pauz-er?

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

Am I a newbie Minnie Pauz-er?

Postby Blindlady » Thu May 12, 2005 10:24 am

Hi! Weird that I should find myself posting here because it just seems I'm too young. LOL

I'm almost 49 yrs old and for the first time, without being pregnant, I'm 2 weeks late for my period. I spotted a bit, but then nothing. Crampy, but not all day. I feel bloated, have headaches, anxiety (not to the point of attacks), snappy.

I've had *symptoms* for a while now........ periods were different (heavier, shorter), headaches, not sleeping well at night (I blamed my dh's snoring!!), weight gain, irritable.

Last summer I did have an ovarian cyst, diagnosed with an internal ultrasound. My Dr did nothing and it aparently dissolved on it's own.

I haven't gone to the Dr about this yet. Just wondering if I'm starting Minnie Pauz.

Thanks!
Pat
Blindlady

Welcome

Postby guest dcamp » Fri May 13, 2005 8:42 am

Hi Pat,

Welcome to the WONDERFUL world of peri (tongue in cheek). At 49 you are probably sooooo there. From everything I've read, 51 seems to be the average age for menopause. Peri is the time leading up to it. So if you turn out to be pretty average, you are probably on the late end of it. I too, have been accused of having a Peter Pan complex. I won't grow up etc. etc. lol. I guess most of us just hate to admit to getting older. So think of it as the old commercial says " I'm getting better". This board is great. There are so many lovely ladies here willing to share, care, and commisserate. Read all you can so you will be enlightened and not frightened. It's actually kind of fun being this age. You can screw up all you want and blame it on the "change". Have a great day. Take care.

Donna
guest dcamp

Postby Guest » Tue May 17, 2005 1:16 pm

Thanks Donna!
I've called my Dr and we're going to discuss what, if anything, we're going to do. I don't have hot flashes but everything else seems to be there!

I'm not getting older, I'm getting better!! :D

Pat

Postby Zero » Tue May 17, 2005 5:45 pm

Welcome Pat....so happy you joined our little club! :) Let us know how it goes with your Doc.
Zero

Postby fiona » Sun May 22, 2005 3:52 pm

Pat~~I started peri around age 47, so 49 is certainly prime time!! And the anxiety, a sure sign. I'm almost 52 and periods are all over the place, miss some, they come back, light, then heavy. I'm hoping I'm very near the end!!

((Hugs))
Being listened to is so close to being loved that most people cannot tell the difference
~David Oxberg~
fiona
Combustible

Quick Reply

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause