Peri-Menopause-What is it?

This is the place to talk about it, whether you're peri or post! If you don't see a topic that suits you, just start a new one!

Postby Sandykins » Tue Nov 18, 2003 12:21 pm

Thanks so much! What a great article! I'm going to send it to my husband. He was really worried about me on Sunday afternoon when I was sitting in the recliner and crying. He wanted to know what was wrong, had he done something wrong. He couldn't understand that I couldn't give him a real reason for my tears.
If you judge people, you have no time to love them." - Mother Theresa
Sandykins
One HOT Woman!

Postby Zero » Tue Nov 18, 2003 12:28 pm

You're very welcome, Sandy. I thought it was great too. I'm going to draw more attention to it on my website too since so many women are experiencing things that are hard to explain and need the reassurance that this is all natural.
Zero

Postby Zero » Sun Feb 08, 2004 4:00 am

Here's a good book for those of you who are just starting to experience some of the symptoms:

Before the Change : Taking Charge of Your Perimenopause
by Ann Louise Gittleman, Jonathan V. Wright
With this essential do-it-yourself program, you can say good-bye to hormone havoc and sail through your perimenopause, the period of about ten years leading up to menopause, by understanding and controlling its symptoms.
Dee's Review: This book was written in 1999, but is getting new life after the author was a guest on the Dr. Phil Show. Because Gittleman is a nutritionist, her approach to hormonal issues have withstood the test of time. You still have to be cautious about expecting everything she suggests to work for everyone, but it's worth reading for sure!
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/ ... auzcartoo/

There are MANY other books listed on my book club page that you may find very helpful: http://www.minniepauz.com/books.html
[/url]
Zero

Postby Terri » Thu Mar 11, 2004 11:54 pm

Just read the article and it sounds like me in the last five years. What an eye opener. I just wonder how long this will last :lol:

Terri
Terri
Hot Pauzer

Postby traceyn » Tue Apr 06, 2004 3:09 pm

Thanks for posting this article. It is what I am going through right now.

Tracey
traceyn
Warm Pauzer

What is it?

Postby edjie » Tue Oct 12, 2004 12:45 am

Thank you so much for the article and the website in general. It's all very reassuring. Having gone through the beginning of Mother Nature's cycle alone in the era of "hush, don't talk about it," it's really nice to feel part of a community during this new threshold of life. Much better than "now what!?"
edjie

Postby Zero » Wed Oct 20, 2004 8:10 am

You are very welcome, edjie!! We're glad you're here and I hope you will feel comfortable contributing to our "little" group! :lol:
Zero

Thanks Dee

Postby lynie pause » Thu Mar 10, 2005 11:35 am

Thanks Dee for the article..everything little thing helps at this point :lol: You have a great day Lynie
lynie pause
Combustible

sorry about that

Postby lynie pause » Thu Mar 10, 2005 11:40 am

Dee, Geese typos.....lol..I clicked send before previewing sorry about that lol. :roll:
lynie pause
Combustible

Postby Cely » Thu Sep 22, 2005 7:38 am

Having read that article, I think I'm peri-menopausal. I'm getting the hot flushes, chills and mood swings like crazy and I haven't have a period for several months. Before that thay had become very light and erratic. I've always had a tendency to wake frequently at night so I can't rely on that as an indicator. I'm also prone to stress and depression.

It's a relief to know that I'm actually not going mad. :)

What I really would like is information on alternative therapies, because of previous blood clotting problems and high blood pressure I don't think conventional hrt would be a good idea.
~*Cely*~

Mama to one of God's special angels ~ Katie Moira Eris ~ 21/07/89 - 06/05/04 ~ Memories are like stars in the dark night of sorrow.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/lawli56/ka ... lbums.html
Cely

Re: Peri-Menopause-What is it?

Postby redhotmama » Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:03 am

Getting an error page there.

I am confused about the fact that you have a perimenopause section, a menopause section, and a post menopause section, cos I was of the understanding that we are all in peri until our periods are stopped for a year? And then we have 'reached menopause' but are then post-menopausal from then on. Is this wrong? I am really muddled LOL.
redhotmama

Quick Reply

Return to Menopause