blank brain

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

Wow! I thought I was crazy!

Postby lynnid » Fri Mar 25, 2005 10:16 pm

Oh my gosh, what a blessing to find this website.
I am 40 years old and am definitely in the Peri-Menopause phase. After reading all these posts I think that I must not be pre-alzheimers after all. Just making that change...
Thanks to all who have posted!
lynnid

Postby Zetti » Sat Mar 26, 2005 12:02 pm

That was my first thought as well: OMG, early onset Alzheimers!

I think all of us had that fear at first when we realized we were in a huge brain fog.

I didn't start putting it all together until a friend commented a few yrs ago about my irritability being off the charts and she said it was The Change coming on.

Acourse, I bit her head right off for that b/c I KNEW I was too young for that.

I didn't know then that this is a process not an event that can take yrs to complete.

Then I div'd an abusive h and the doc put me on anti depressants and it all really started falling into place that hormone swings were having a real impact on my recovery from abuse.

But the good news is I have moved on to a wonderful man who is very patient and understanding of hormonal bizarrity and I think it helps to know there is a legit reason for all of the icky stuff we go thru.

Zetti
Zetti
Combustible

Postby Pinks » Mon Sep 12, 2005 3:11 pm

I thought i was going bonkers to...and friends of mine and my hubby,were sure it was alzheimers.And they had me questioning myself...till i found this place and did a bunch of research..I may be dippy at times(it's part of my charm) But i was pretty sure i was'nt losing my mind...heck,i don't have that much of one to begin with!
Pinks
Warm Pauzer

Postby susansilver » Tue Sep 13, 2005 12:40 pm

Last weekend I went downstairs to fill out some forms for my daughter's school. I go into the kitchen pour myself a glass of water and bring it over to the table with the forms. About a minute later, I realize that I will need my wallet and cell phone to get some info so go to get them, go to the fridge and pour myself a glass of water......again.....

I have to laugh at this stuff!

Glad we are in it together,

Susan
susansilver

Postby minniepauz » Tue Sep 13, 2005 1:32 pm

LOL Susan....that's a perfect story for our Minnie Moments page if you don't mind me posting it there! http://www.minniepauz.com/minniemoments.html I started it to keep from thinking I was having "senior" moments!! :)
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby susansilver » Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:13 am

Please, go ahead...I have a feeling I will have many more moments like this!
susansilver

Postby minniepauz » Wed Sep 14, 2005 12:39 pm

Thanks Susan....I'll be using these stories in my first book too, so I hope your permission includes that. :) Did you read that page? I always end up in a better mood after reading "Minnie Moments"!
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby susansilver » Wed Sep 14, 2005 4:33 pm

I did read it and laughed my head off! Of course, feel free to use any of my moments in your book.
susansilver

Postby dileigh » Sun Oct 30, 2005 11:53 am

I have fibro, so brain fog is not new to me...... I did the same thing at the atm a couple of weeks ago! You might try talking to the bank, they can research because the money should have gone back into the machine. It can't hurt. :?
dileigh

A foggy start!!

Postby Bevy1958 » Sun Jan 22, 2006 10:15 am

Hi all....I know this thread is old but I didn't know where else to put this and it really is worth sharing.

This morning I was putting together a stew in my slow-cooker and I had a bowl on the counter to put the vegetable peels...it was right next to slow-cooker :? When I was putting the meat in the pot I noticed potato peelings in it...I had put peelings in stew pot and potatoes in bowl :roll:
After I fished out the peels and put in the potatoes I looked around to make sure my BF wasn't up....damn did I feel stupid :? Of course I would really feel stupid tonight at supper if I hadn't caught my mistake 8)

Lately I have been finding myself to be totally off in space somewhere..lol
makin snow angels with just shorts and a T-shirt on...that cools me down!!!
Born 1958...been peri since about my late 30's
Bevy1958
Combustible

Postby colopam » Sun Jan 22, 2006 1:03 pm

Bevy
LOL!!! been there done that!!! My DH is constantly teasing me about how "fun this perimenopause thing could be!"
Hugs Pam
It's never too late for a happy childhood!!
The more you live, the less you die!!
Well behaved women rarely make history.
DB: 1958
peri/hypothyroid/fibroids(myomectomy)
Pam
colopam
One HOT Woman!

Re: blank brain

Postby michuganna » Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:27 am

I'm reviving all the old posts aren't I, lol. Here is my brain fart moment.

My husband and I are driving home from somewhere, we pull into the driveway and I say to him as I am gazing at our other car, honey, where is YOUR car???.....

Ummmm, he says, far as I can tell we are in it... hellllooooo!!!
"Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home..."

Sometimes I think my train of thought has derailed....
michuganna
On Fire!

Re: blank brain

Postby gorgeousfluffpot » Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:42 am

oh don't get me on this topic, where do I start?? I have looked everywhere for my bag, rummaged through cupboards until dear Mr. Gorgeous points out that I'm actually wearing it across my body ... absolutely true. I lose car keys ... actually I don't. I put the car keys in the normal place but I just don't SEE them, is my vision going wonky! I have gone into a shop and pointed at a lettuce and asked the assistant to pass me the sausages. Sometimes it's like the word just is lost in the fog. I used to do crosswords and still do, mainly to keep my brain searching for those elusive words. If I didn't do crosswords I really think my brain would deteriorate and I would sit in front of this keyboard and type blurdy...blurdy... bleurgh in place of meaningful sentences!
I've been using the excuse of "we've only just moved house" as an excuse for not finding stuff but, heck, that was nine months ago. I complained to a car garage that, after a service, certain dashboard lights weren't illuminating when I switched on the ignition. He explained that my make of car didn't have symbols for those dashboard lights .... I then remembered that those lights had belonged to a car that I owned five years ago! I have, at current count, EIGHT pairs of reading glasses but, blow me, can I find any of them? Sure, I can find plenty of spectacle cases but can't find the bloody specs!!! And I have eight pairs because originally I had one pair that I couldn't find so bought another, then couldn't find them ... and so on. Now I have eight and if I can't find them I shall have to buy a ninth.
Pause. Would you believe it. And this is absolutely absolutely true. I have just realised that I am wearing a pair of reading glasses as I type this.
That's the sort of mental fog I sometimes operate in.
I'd like to think that as a hyper-intelligent superwoman that my brain is sort of occupied with other important stuff, so doesn't bother with the 'little stuff', hence occasional forgetfulness. But it's not that. It sure isn't Alzheimers, I refuse to even think about that. It's more like the fog that comes down on the day you sit your exams. You know your subject, you've sweated and revised and rehearsed but now you're here everything is obscured by a grey cloud in your head.
You have to treat this with some kind of humour otherwise you would go mad. If I haven't gone mad already ...
Take cover! Hormones on the rampage again ...
gorgeousfluffpot
One HOT Woman!

Quick Reply

Previous

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause