weight loss and stop smoking medication

Are you a smoker? Do you want to quit, but need support and encouragement from others who have quit or are trying to?

Moderators: psexypsychic, colopam

weight loss and stop smoking medication

Postby berykute » Fri Dec 30, 2005 4:08 pm

There is a medication on the market that will help you to quit smoking and prevent weight gain.
It is called Acomplia.
Google it ,it seems to be a quitters dream!
What the heck now?
berykute
One HOT Woman!

Postby minniepauz » Sun Jan 01, 2006 6:14 pm

It already has competition:

FDA puts smokers' drug on fast track

HACKENSACK, N.J. - Pfizer Inc. said Wednesday its experimental treatment for quitting smoking has been granted fast-track approval status by the U.S Food and Drug Administration.

If the review process begins in January, as expected, Pfizer could receive approval to begin marketing the medicine known as varenicline by July.

The FDA grants so-called priority review status to treatments with the potential to provide significant advances over similar treatments already on the market. The review process without fast-track status usually takes about 10 months.

New York-based Pfizer, which plans to market the drug under the brand name Champix, said it helps smokers quit by reducing the severity of cravings and withdrawal symptoms.

If approved, varenicline is expected to compete with Sanofi Aventis' Acomplia treatment, which was initially developed for obesity but has been found effective in helping to quit smoking and could also receive FDA approval in 2006.

Even better...seems like it will help reduce cholesterol.....of course, we've had promises of miracle meds before, haven't we?
http://www.fool.com/news/commentary/200 ... 122202.htm
Last edited by minniepauz on Sun Jan 01, 2006 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby minniepauz » Sun Jan 01, 2006 6:16 pm

I could have used these when I quit 10 months ago!! I'm sure I gained 30 lbs. :( I've lost 12.5 lbs since late October so hopefully, I'm on my way to a slimmer non-smoking self!! :)
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby colopam » Sun Jan 01, 2006 8:21 pm

WooHoo! you go DEE!
I can't believe it's already been tha long!!!!
HUgs Pam
It's never too late for a happy childhood!!
The more you live, the less you die!!
Well behaved women rarely make history.
DB: 1958
peri/hypothyroid/fibroids(myomectomy)
Pam
colopam
One HOT Woman!

Quick Reply

Return to Can you quit?