Logging In and Out

If you found the message board first, I'd like to show you around the rest of the website!

Moderators: psexypsychic, colopam

Logging In and Out

Postby scottie » Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:46 am

Dee, I'm sort of confused re: logging in/logging out. For ex, I log in and go to the Peri forum and it says I have to log in again. So, in order to read I have to log in again. When I log out, it still shows that I'm logged in at the bottom of the main page. So I log in and log out again and I'm still there. Any ideas?
scottie

Postby minniepauz » Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:56 am

Sorry for the problems, scottie....I've tried to make it so you don't have to log in every time.... If you log in once and then don't log out, you should still be logged in when you come back to the forum a day later. Now, having said that....sometimes I am not showing as logged in and it takes me 3 tries.......I really think the message board is menopausal too!!

Try not logging out, go to another website and then come back and see if you're still logged in.
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby colopam » Wed Jan 11, 2006 1:13 pm

Scottie
At times I have to "log in" a couple of times, I try to make sure that my user name appears up at the "log in/logout" at the top of the page before I start in on the forums then I don't have to log in for each.
Hugs Pam
It's never too late for a happy childhood!!
The more you live, the less you die!!
Well behaved women rarely make history.
DB: 1958
peri/hypothyroid/fibroids(myomectomy)
Pam
colopam
One HOT Woman!

Postby DayDreamer » Wed Jan 11, 2006 8:44 pm

The only way I have ever been able to log in is by going straight to "introductions". The log in (with my user name and automatic password) comes up. I log in straight away, then go straight to the forum index page to see the "orange" last posts. Normal logging in has never worked for me for some reason :roll: but this way works every time :!:

Afterwards, I log out the usual way which also works (touch wood).

Don't know whether this may help or not but wanted to share in case it does :)
KEEP ON KEEPING ON!!!!!:)

Born 1953/fibroids/Post menopause since 2002
DayDreamer
One HOT Woman!

Postby minniepauz » Thu Jan 12, 2006 10:30 am

Ok, now try NOT logging out and see what happens when you come back to the forum (even the next day) :)

You girls have no idea how I've prayed for someone who knows how to run this kind of message board. :)
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby CathyW » Thu Jan 12, 2006 11:12 am

Dee I never log out and always make sure that little box is checked thats says to keep me logged in but the last couple of months its made no difference! I still need to log in each time and it always takes at least two tries for it to work. Think your right...the site is in meno :D
Cathy
born 1960/peri/fibroids/hypothyroidism/on Disability because of FM
CathyW
One HOT Woman!

Postby DayDreamer » Thu Jan 12, 2006 1:57 pm

Never mind Dee. Nothings perfect. :roll:

But it doesn't stop us from getting to where we want to be eventually :!:

Meno rebels.......that's
US

:lol:
KEEP ON KEEPING ON!!!!!:)

Born 1953/fibroids/Post menopause since 2002