If you found the message board first, I'd like to show you around the rest of the website!

Moderators: psexypsychic, colopam

Postby tootercat » Wed Feb 15, 2006 2:51 pm

Hi Miss Minnie! Thank you for a nice place to get answers and ask questions! And meet other peri's and meno's like myself.

Two questions not related to my physical and mental challenges: :)

1. I tried to go to the "avatar gallery" and there was nothing there. Have I done something incorrectly or do I need to go offsite to get my avatar?

2. Is there a possibility of a chat room or instant chatting happening on the site for realtime gabbing with sister pauzes? Or do you have a recommendation of where to go?

Thanks very much!

Tooter (Pam)
Everything is subject to change based on new information
=^..^=
tootercat

Postby minniepauz » Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:59 pm

Hi Tooter...welcome to the forum! There is a chat with this forum, but it's so hard to get everyone here at the same time that I gave up on trying to schedule a regular chat. Maybe now that we have so many members, we might be able to get something going.

If you go to http://www.minniepauz.com/chat you will be able to sign in and hope that someone else will be there!! hahahah....or if you could all determine a time to meet...

I don't have any avatars...everyone is on their own and then you have to go into your profile to set it up. I'm not very familiar with how this forum works. I'm looking for someone who knows how to do all the neat stuff. Keep your fingers crossed or tell me if you know anyone who understands the phpbb stuff!!
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby tootercat » Thu Feb 16, 2006 2:17 am

:D Minnie, Thanks for the quick response and for not getting upset at the inquiries. I do not know of anyone like you're talking about but trust me I will start looking! Oh and thank you for the warm welcome! :D
=^..^=
tootercat

Postby CathyW » Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:24 am

Hey tooter!

To get a avatar on here you need to take a pic you have stored at places like photobucket.com and put in the url for pic in your profile here at Minniepauz. Sounds confusing but its really not :shock: LOL if I can do it anyone can! :P
Cathy
born 1960/peri/fibroids/hypothyroidism/on Disability because of FM
CathyW
One HOT Woman!

Postby Chuckles » Thu Feb 16, 2006 4:47 pm

I'll be dogged!!! Thank you Cathy! It's only taken me all day to do it, but I finally got one on there...woohoo!
This little trip has been a hoot!!!!
Chuckles
On Fire!

Postby tootercat » Fri Feb 17, 2006 5:33 pm

:D :lol: I love you Cathy!!!!! Thanks so much for the info! I have my very own personal self chosen avatar! yippee!!! (amazing the things in life that make us happy!) xoxoxoxoxox

Tooter
=^..^=
tootercat

Postby Guest » Fri Feb 17, 2006 10:38 pm

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH :(

I cant find nuffin there except real pictures!!! Someone help please!!!

Postby DaMomma » Fri Feb 17, 2006 10:40 pm

Anonymous wrote:WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH :(

I cant find nuffin there except real pictures!!! Someone help please!!!

That was me... :oops:

I forgot to log on first! :roll:
Are we there yet?!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
born '63/peri since 2000
DaMomma
One HOT Woman!

Postby Chuckles » Fri Feb 17, 2006 11:31 pm

Hey DaMomma....I sent you an e-mail explaining how I found mine and how I put it on here. I decided to post it on here how I did it just in case this might help someone else. If there is an easier way or a shortcut, somebody jump in and tell us! :lol:

First you need to find an avatar that you want to use. I googled "avatars" and "gif files". There's a bunch of sites that have tons of these free for the taking. I found one, saved it on my computer under "My Pictures". I then signed up for an account at Photobucket.com.........Thank you Cathy!! Then I downloaded the avatar from my computer to photobucket. Then on here, just go to your profile and type in the URL and hit submit.

There may be an easier way but this is how I got mine on here. :) And if anyone needs help, I will be more than glad to "try" and help you. I am by no means a computer guru......I know how to use one and that's about it. You can PM me if you want. :)
This little trip has been a hoot!!!!
Chuckles
On Fire!

Postby CathyW » Sat Feb 18, 2006 11:03 am

Perfect explanation Chuckles!! :D Just a little shortcut wanted to add...instead of typing the URL of pic you can just copy and paste( had no idea how do that until my kids showed me) :shock:
Cathy
born 1960/peri/fibroids/hypothyroidism/on Disability because of FM
CathyW
One HOT Woman!

Postby colopam » Sat Feb 18, 2006 1:42 pm

WOW!! It worked!!!!! Thanks for the explanation and Cathy for the shortcut!!
Hugs Pam
It's never too late for a happy childhood!!
The more you live, the less you die!!
Well behaved women rarely make history.
DB: 1958
peri/hypothyroid/fibroids(myomectomy)
Pam
colopam
One HOT Woman!

Postby minniepauz » Sat Feb 18, 2006 2:59 pm

You girls are doing GREAT!!! Very expressive avatars!! I swear I'm going to find someone to help me fix this board up right....new avatars and smileys and everything!! :)
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby DayDreamer » Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:33 am

I DID IT TOO :lol:

It took me all day (to find one I liked) and to figure how to do it (I'm not very computer literate).........but I did it..........and without asking my son to do it for me (as I usually do!) :shock:

It's true. When something works on my computer I feel like I've won the Olympics or something......................YIPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :roll:

Sorry........I'll calm down again in a moment.........just after I finish this dancing jig :lol: :lol:

Thanks for all your instructions to help me do this (very small) but satisfying feat, I couldn't have done it (or have the confidence to do it), without my fellow sisters on here.

Linda X

PS I hope you like the avatar I chose. Kinda reminded me of Day Dreams and Happy SUNNY days :D
KEEP ON KEEPING ON!!!!!:)

Born 1953/fibroids/Post menopause since 2002
DayDreamer
One HOT Woman!

Postby minniepauz » Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:23 am

That's adorable, DayDreamer! And how GREAT that you accomplished this on your own!! :) It just goes to show you that you can do anything with the help and support of other women! I really mean that! Each accomplishment gives us another level of confidence and we gain the courage to try more new things until pretty soon we're facing challenges and overcoming obstacles (even menopause!!!) and having fun and being 8) cool 8)
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby Jan51 » Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:05 pm

Hi everyone.
You might see my avatar change several times as I'm trying to find one that I think reflects me. Hopefully I'll find something fun.
If anyone knows of any good avatar sites and would care to share them, I would love to hear from you.
Thanks,
Jan51 :D
Jan51
Warm Pauzer

Quick Reply

Next

Return to The Minnie Pauz Website