I'M A QUITTER FOR ONE YEAR!!!!

Are you a smoker? Do you want to quit, but need support and encouragement from others who have quit or are trying to?

Moderators: psexypsychic, colopam

I'M A QUITTER FOR ONE YEAR!!!!

Postby minniepauz » Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:32 pm

How should I celebrate? I thought about buying myself a new outfit with the $150 (per mo.) I'm saving by not smoking. I really need something that fits since I packed on 30 lbs. from not smoking.

Doesn't seem like it's been a year and I would encourage anyone to give it a try....it's well worth it!! :)
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby DayDreamer » Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:52 pm

Very well done. CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Definitely a time for some serious retail therapy :D :D
KEEP ON KEEPING ON!!!!!:)

Born 1953/fibroids/Post menopause since 2002
DayDreamer
One HOT Woman!

Postby colopam » Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:54 am

YEAH DEEEEE!!!!!!! Happy Cigarette-free first birthday to you!!!!!! I'd definately go celebrate!!!!

Hugs Pam
It's never too late for a happy childhood!!
The more you live, the less you die!!
Well behaved women rarely make history.
DB: 1958
peri/hypothyroid/fibroids(myomectomy)
Pam
colopam
One HOT Woman!

Postby niftyfifty1 » Mon Mar 06, 2006 6:37 pm

Celebrate! Celebrate!
So happy for your endurance and accomplishment. :D

Go outside take a deep breathe in and enjoy your renewed lungs. :D
niftyfifty1

Postby minniepauz » Mon Mar 06, 2006 7:21 pm

Thanks Girls!! I bought a tshirt and a new bra....not much of a shopping spree, but I just can't stand to buy clothes that BIG!!! I had a heart attack about my bra size as it was!! (42 LONG!!)

Got a little inspiration today though...I heard from a high school sweetheart! :) I will have to stay "hidden" until I get into shape, but at least it's a start!! :)
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby CathyW » Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:50 pm

ohhhhh Dee a high school sweetheart!!! :D how interesting!! Don't you dare stay "hidden"!! Be proud of the wonderful kind woman you are!! Our bodies might not be the same as in high school but we are a whole lot smarter!! Keep us informed of all the juicy details :D :P
Cathy
born 1960/peri/fibroids/hypothyroidism/on Disability because of FM
CathyW
One HOT Woman!

Postby lynndi » Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:36 pm

Way to go Dee :lol:

I quit smoking three months ago and have found that gum is my choice instead of food because i am also trying to slim down.

some days are not as easy as others but i keep reminding myself this is for my health.

If I have a really bad day I just call my Aunt Glo, we quit at the same time. Aunt Glo due to being in the hospital.
lynndi

if you never try you'll never succeed....
lynndi

Postby minniepauz » Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:56 am

Good for you, Lynndi!!! I'm so glad I finally quit and you will be too! I'm sure you're already noticing how the rest of the world smells now, huh? :) I'm still working on getting my sister to quit!
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby scbikrchick » Sun Apr 09, 2006 12:14 pm

I am new to this site but I quit smoking 2 years ago. I know how much pride goes into saying I have been quit for a year! So congrats to you for making a decision and sticking with it, regardless of the junkie justifications that may had shown themselves! WTG and on to year two for you!!

Image Image

Some people are like Slinkies......not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs
scbikrchick

Postby minniepauz » Sun Apr 09, 2006 7:21 pm

Thanks scbikrchick and welcome to the forum! :)
minniepauz
Site Admin

How wonderful!!

Postby joysarah » Sat May 06, 2006 3:07 pm

Hey Dee,
I am so happy about ur yr of not smoking. I remember when u first quit ,I know u were worried if u would keep it up.I have been smoke free since Sept 13th 2000. I smoked for 32 yrs and now I can't even remember that I smoked, I mean it is almost like I never smoked. U will feel that way too, u may already. I just want to tell u congratulations and God Bless. The longer u don't smoke the easier it gets. Take care.
Joysarah
joysarah

Postby colopam » Sat May 06, 2006 8:24 pm

Joysarah

Congrats to you too!! That's quite an accomplishment!!!

Hugs Pam
It's never too late for a happy childhood!!
The more you live, the less you die!!
Well behaved women rarely make history.
DB: 1958
peri/hypothyroid/fibroids(myomectomy)
Pam
colopam
One HOT Woman!

Postby minniepauz » Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:37 am

September 1 was 18 months, so I AM on my way to the 2 year mark! (March 1, 2007) It's still hard to believe that I've lasted this long but all the encouragement from you guys has made it easier! Just knowing that I might feel this way or that has been a big help....yes, there have been times when I actually "missed" being a smoker, but logic and common sense won over.

I've had some very stressful times to get through this year and could have used that as an excuse to go back, but thank goodness I didn't do it!

I've gained weight over the past year and again, could have used that as an excuse to go back, but I figured if I was strong enough to quit smoking, I could also get myself on a healthy eating plan....with the help of all the dental work, I've lost about 12 lbs, but still need to get serious about losing weight (the cigarettes never really kept my weight down).

I hope those of you who haven't quit yet will give it more thought and at least try. What about doing it as a Christmas present to your family this year? That would be incredible!! :) Let me know if you need some encouragement, ok? I'll even call you if that will help! Watch out though, I'm very persuasive! :)
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby minniepauz » Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:35 am

Unbelievable!! Today is 2 years as a non-smoker! :)
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby Sandykins » Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:27 am

Congrats!! Now, if I could quit eating for 2 years... :wink:
If you judge people, you have no time to love them." - Mother Theresa
Sandykins
One HOT Woman!

Quick Reply

Next

Return to Can you quit?